GoGuardian Org Management

1. Add ability to delete teachers

Add a delete option for users. We have several teachers that leave or retire and we can only disable the account.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link GoGuardian to a Student Informaiton System

I would love to see a nightly import/update option for creating and updating classroom rosters from a schools student information system. Much like what happens with a Google Classroom or Canvas sync.
    Even if one large upload could be done periodically to create classrooms for teachers or mass update would help save time.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to delete users

Please let us remove users from organizations.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Archive and Delete Teacher Classrooms

I think it would be helpful if I could batch cleanup teacher accounts by archiving or even deleting their classrooms in GoGuardian. So that they are starting the year fresh.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Track serial number

I would love for there to be a way to track which student and or user used which device. Right now it shows IP address of last used but that doesn't help us unfortunately. If you can track serial numbers of the device used or even Mac addresses that would really help

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add options to bulk export or update users

Every year we have teachers who leave or who join the district. (We have about 900 users for whom we need to manage permissions.)
    GoGuardian user management currently only allows a simple user import, and no export. We would like to be able to mass update user permissions, disable users and add new users with certain permissions.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Connect to Ad

It would be great if we could connect goguardian management to our Active Directory. I have heard for over a year that y'all were thinking about it, but nothing has ever come of it. If we attached it this way, it would add and remove everything when they came in the AD and we wouldn't have to worry about the rest of it. Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guardian Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Granular rights for Smart Alerts

More granular rights for Smart Alerts would be great. Example I have social workers who check self harm alerts and due this by giving them monitoring only. They cannot change the status to dismissed or resolved. If I give them monitor and filter it gives them the rights to change policies which they don't need. I would be nice if they could have access to change the field and not have access to changing policies they would know nothing about or could really mess up.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Roles/Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In User Management, separate user first and last name into two fields and add a sorting feature to the list of users

Currently, in the User Management portal, the name of the user (first and last) is one field and is sorted by First Name because that is what appears first. I'd love to see TWO separate fields for name of user: First Name and Last Name. It would also be extremely helpful to be able to sort by the headers on the User List: Last Name, First Name, Teacher (Status), Director (Status).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teacher password reset

I would like to be able to reset passwords for Teachers without the need for them to receive a password reset email.

This would primarily be fore the purpose of in case the classroom has a sub. We do not want to have to create new GoGuardian accounts for all subs coming to our district.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow admins to run reports of GoGuardian Teacher.

I would like to be able to pull data from a day, week, or month to see what teachers are utilizing GoGuardian in there classrooms. Basically, it would be nice to have the https://manage.goguardian.com/products/teacher/audit with the ability to customize the report and even export the data.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sync GoGuardian Teachers with GSuite OU

We should be able to sync GoGuardian Teachers with one or more GSuite OUs - if a teacher is added there, they should be added here. If they're suspended there, they should become disabled here (or deleted...if we could delete people...).

It's 2019, people. Let's move beyond .csv imports, shall we?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bulk Add Users without welcome email

I'd like to be able to import a .csv of teachers/admins/etc and suppress the Welcome email they get. I just want their accounts to be ready, I don't need an announcement email going out to literally everyone on staff when I do the import, though.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow an admin to do a bulk upload of classes for teachers.

Using our LMS (Blackbaud) we can generate a file of teachers and their students. Using that file, it would be nice to be able to bulk upload those classes in GoGuardian for the teachers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bulk update users without affecting current status

I'd like to be able to have an option to leave a field alone for existing users when importing. I've already gone through and decided who should have admin access, super-user access, etc. Since I can't just import my new staff from G Suite directly (...for some reason...), I have to do a bulk upload. I don't want that bulk upload to change which existing users have admin or super-admin access, though - I really just want it to bring in new users. Having a "Leave existing users alone" option for the admin and super-admin fields would be nice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. User phone number

Right now user phone number example is all 6s. (666)666-6666. Just given the fact that some of our customers using the product are superstitious and/or religious can we change these numbers to another number set?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Monitor during Out of School Mode (Request)

It would be great if I could turn on "Monitor during Out of School Mode" for the Org Units I want to monitor instead of it being a global setting. We have students at one of our schools that take school-owned devices home and we would like to monitor only those students. The other schools will only have students logging into personal devices in the evening, so we do not wish to monitor those students. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guardian Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add more granular access for teachers

Add the ability to grant teachers access to certain functions of GoGaurdian not just certain OU's. Specifically giving them access to the youtube filtering section with out them being able see flagged activity and student data.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base