I suggest that you...

Allow picture uploading for device repairs

I like to upload photos of the Chromebook damage to document why it needs to be repaired.

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

codycody shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • codyAdmincody (Admin, GoGuardian) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Joe,

You figured out the surprise! We are actually adding the ability to upload PDF's as well, starting with allowing files to be attached to repairs and then bringing it to devices soon!

• Joe CapaulJoe Capaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally you may want to consider having a way to upload scanned documents (pdf) of things like contracts. We allow middle school students to take the device home, the student and parent have to fill out an inspection report and contract stating the condition and both sign it.
        This is vital at the end of the year when parents want to argue over the condition, we present a copy of the inspection they performed and sighed. Keeping it in Fleet would help us centralize the record keeping.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be helpful, I currently use my Drive as an organization for device repairs. Have started to have students say "It was like that when I got it." This is hard to defend because we didn't have a way to prove them wrong.

Hence device repair image uploads began and have saved us a lot of parent/guardian conflicts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base