How can we improve GoGuardian Director?

Add Custom Domains

It would be nice to be able to manually add a domain to track its usage.

15 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adminwinston (Admin, GoGuardian) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability for user-inputted custom domains and education apps is in the future feature pipeline, but for now, please request the software in which you are most interested! The categorization of "education-based software" was compiled from the most used sites. If you are interested in getting more control and seeing all internet activity, checkout our Admin product!

• Mike Daugherty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to add a new site. For example, we use CPM for our math curriculum. Its not listed on the dashboard, but I know the students are using it. I’d like to be able to add that url (or any other for that matter) to the dashboard.

• Serhiy Morhun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More sites to be tracked:
        pearsonrealize.com
        typingpal.com
        history.com
        khanacademy.org
        turnitin.com
        naviance.com
        kahoot.it

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was actually thinking specifically YouTube. I think it would be a good statistic to know how much time is actually being spent on YouTube in the district, as I feel it would be a way to demonstrate evidence of time-wasting.

As a district that currently has a fairly open network policy, I could see where this tool could be used as evidence to lock things down a bit more. Other sites that come to mind would include Craigslist, eBay, ESPN, etc. Essentially, creating a section that is counter to the educational tool... a potential "time-wasters" section.

• Adminwinston (Admin, GoGuardian) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great catch! Sorry about that confusion. mit.edu is including information from it's subdomain scratch.mit.edu. We will correct it and make it more specific to scratch. Thanks!

• Kimberly Plyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be interested to know how you decide what is "Educational Software" that will be tracked. Is it just apps? Just webpages? How do you determine what's on the list?

Feedback and Knowledge Base