GoGuardian Admin

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Flagged Activity Picture

It would be helpful when the emails are sent for flagged activity, to also include a screen shot in the email or as an attachment of the website. Having a screen shot attached would be helpful when a student is in their gmail account and we need to decide if we need to log into their account and look at the email or not. If you click on that link it just takes you to your email account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need a way to see all activity for the domain or OU during a specific time.

We have had an instance were we knew a student was doing something malicious at a certain time/day, but since we did not know exactly which student, we were unable to find them. If we could run a report for a day and time which showed all activity for the org and/or an OU then we could at least see which students were doing non-school related activities at a certain time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Move the archive button

The archive button is way over to the right on the screen and doesn't align with the top banner. It will be easier to see if it is at the bottom of the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Track Internet activity on school-issued tablets using Chrome OS

Track student activity on their school Chrome account regardless of the device they are using, whether Chromebook or a tablet, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow policies to be disabled/removed for a downstream OU without removing it from all upstream OUs.

If a policy assigned upstream is not appropriate for a downstream OU, it cannot be disabled or removed locally at the downstream OU without affecting all upstream OUs. This is currently managed by making extra policies to counteract changes, and means multiple policies may need to be updated when trying to make a single change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please considering adding Android management and filtering concepts similar to that of Chrome systems.

We installed Promethean interactive TV Board. It comes with Android and optional windows OS. We can manage Windows already, however, we lack the ability to manage Android devices at this time and would like to keep our business to a single platform for management if possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Turn on for image searches "Labeled for noncommercial reuse". Reduces inappropriate images.

If you do an image search of string. You get a lot of inappropriate content. Then if you go to tools just under the search bar and change usage rights to "Labeled for noncommercial reuse" almost all of the inappropriate content goes away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change links and page layout for Top Sites on the Dashboard

When you click on the Top Sites you are given a popup window with a list. When you click on a link you are sent to the statistics for that website. When you click on the link for that site within the stats page, it redirects back to that same page.

Open links in a new tab from the popup window and fix the link so it takes me to the webpage in a new window.

That way I don't loose my place going through the list AND I can open multiple tabs to look at everything at once.

Also…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a way to deploy GoGuardian by devices rather than by students.

We use Office 365 provided by the state for free to all students and they will now have to have a gmail account to use this program. Probably would not have bought had I realized this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add end times to to browsing records

In goguardian admin: Student browsing records in classic view posted end times for the pages visited. In 2.0 only start times are listed. Please list end times as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Send notification when a file is downloaded or when a student goes offline

We have students who download games, pictures, videos, music (which they are not allowed to do) to their chromebooks and then disconnect from the internet (we can no longer see them in Go Guardian) to view or listen. It is hard to watch 40 students and it would be good if we could get a notification when they disconnect or download files based on certain criteria.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. iPad

Will GoGuardian be able to work with iPads in the future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display the correct name.

My name is 2 words, not one. My name is Mary Beth, but my welcome screen name is just Mary. I have a space in my name, which is common to a lot of people. Can the display be corrected to include peoples names with spaces please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Individually be able to adjust hours

Would like to individually stop a user as well as by OU for time allowed out of school for the chromebook to be used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Whitelist SmartAlert documents

Ability to whitelist documents triggered by SmartAlerts. Only resolution or working solution if a document is triggered would be to remove the SmartAlert or lower the severity which doesn't really help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Validate URL before adding to restrict list

We just had an issue where view-source://chrome was blocked in the filtering. As a result, EVERY website (even the Chrome settings page) was being blocked district wide. This cut students out of testing and caused a lot of issues for us. We'd like to have the url's validated before being able to add them to the restriction list. Urls like chrome:// or view-source:// should NEVER be allowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give students blocked website url

I am a student. My school recently started to block iframe. However, one of the websites I visit everyday uses iframe as their login box. It is blocked and I have no method to get the url of that blocked website so I cannot even tell my tech director so I cannot log in.

I came up with three possible solutions.
    1: give us a context menu that says "copy blocked url to clipboard" in http://blocked.com-default.ws/
    I think it is easy and possible.
    https://developer.chrome.com/apps/contextMenus

2: teach every student how to view page source and the blocked url is right there: …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show timestamps on the Smart Alert Printable PDF to match viewed timestamps

The timestamps on the Smart Alert Printable PDF do not always match the viewed timestamps. Could it be due to Daylight Saving Time when the PDF is requested (May 5th) versus when the event occurred (March 5th)? Giving this new report to a parent (or principal), showing a 1-hour difference, is huge. Especially when the report shows the event happened AFTER school, instead of DURING school.
    See attached comparison (personal info blotted out).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With the new UI that was just rolled out I can't see the full name of my Organizations When Recovering a Stolen Device

With the new UI that was just rolled out I can't see the full name of my Organizations when recovering a Stolen Device. The new window cuts it off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keep all the hyperlinks in the PDF report. That would be great for the reviewer of the report.

Keep all the hyperlinks in the PDF report. That would be great for the reviewer of the report.

I tried to use Acrobat Pro 2017 to do that but it can be a pain. Thank you !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Feedback and Knowledge Base