GoGuardian Admin

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Theft Recovery Update-

Currently when a device marked lost or stolen is used the device no longer requires a login. I understand the point of this is so that the device can be used and still send data back to us. That being said I think leaving a login page, even as a spoof page to collect some sort of sign in would be helpful. Just a page to enter email, wouldn't have to be associated with a domain user.

We often have students who lose devices and eventually either find them but often dont come back to tell us. Having a login…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ability to schedule a time that a site is allowed for

Block or unblock a site according to a scheduled time during the day or days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. provide the availabilty to see the originating IP address.

Sometimes, It would be handy if a you could see in a report where the student was connecting from inside or outside of the network. I realize that being a cloud filter there is no way to know the device IP but the source internet IP would be helpful to know while investigating whether the student is onsite or off, especially with the self-harm smart alerts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. OU structure change pop up a warning that Triggers may be affected

if system sees OU structure change on sync, pop up a warning that Triggers may be affected, we lost all notifications after an OU change

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow us to edit multiple policies at once.

I'd love to be able to, for instance, allow a youtube video on my restricted access and general access policy at the same time instead of having to go into each policy separately and doing adding it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Out-of-School monitoring without alerting.

We do not want the flagged activity email alerts to be sent during out-of-school hours, but we DO want the monitoring feather to log student activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separate flagged activity emails per OU so principals only get the alerts that relate to THEIR students

Separate flagged activity emails per OU so principals only get the alerts that relate to THEIR students

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. STUDENTS NEED INCOGNITO MODE TO DO BLOCKED WORK

DO NOT BLOCK incognito mode for students in Henry county because If some work they have is blocked you can go to incognito mode and do work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. unblock incognito mode for students in Henry county because students if some work they have is blocked you can go to incognito and do work.

unblock incognito mode for students in Henry county because students if some work they have is blocked you can go to incognito and do work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email Monitoring

I would love to see a feature of email/gmail monitoring. Currently our school uses Google Admin Console but its time consuming to go through all the steps to look at the emails students are sending each other. I would like to see an monitoring system on emails that are but not limited to flagging and notifying administration on emails about fighting, bullying, explicit material, gang relations, suicide, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More Detail in CSV Reports

I would like to see a more detailed reports when it comes to the CSV reports on students. i.e. The flag report shows terms pulled from the source code but I would like to see the url that the terms are pulling from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a way to allow multiple OU selection when creating smart alert triggers.

Currently when creating a smart alert trigger, you must select all OUs from a drop down menu one at a time. Either add the ability to select multiple OUs from the drop down list, or possibly change the selection method from a drop down list to a more user friendly experience like a tree structure with tick boxes next to the OUs. This would allow much easier and quicker smart alert trigger setup. For instance, I had to set up a smart alert with over 200 OUs because we have our staff and student OUs under each campus OU, with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If I whitelist a URL, I don't need to be sent an email telling me that students have gone to that page.

This is very common in our district, where a student will go to something as simple as our Guidance Counselor's webpage, and since it has a section on "Suicide" and "Drugs", it instantly raises a flag in the filter and sends me an email. I've already whitelisted this URL because I know it is safe, I don't need to be sent emails telling me that they went to a page I already know is safe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search users by notification settings, and batch apply notification settings

We'd like to be able to search admins by notification setting, OU and other criteria, and batch apply their notification settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add triggers to flagged activity.

When scanning flagged activity, much of it simply requires a reminder from administration about guidelines for online use. This could be accomplished with a triggered message to student.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Track Device OU in Stolen Device tracking

When you move the device to the stolen device group - it is no longer in the original- I have to keep a separate spreadsheet to know where the device was first- we have many buildings and this would be great for me to note somewhere where the device was first- when it is recovered then I can move it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you click on track device in theft recovery- have an option that says "device is added"

When you select the track device option- have a screen that shows up to verify the device has been added- otherwise you have to refresh screen and scroll to find out if it was actually added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. simulator

Hello,

While checking a URL today in simulator I found it was difficult to see exactly why it was blocked. It said it matched something in my policy, however I couldn't dive deeper into it. It would be great if the simulator would say blocked under *policy* because it falls into this category, or matches xyz keyword.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. safeshare

why unblock it please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lack of activity monitoring

I few students are showing up with no activity at all, I can disable them from removing their chromebooks from Google Admin BUT it's still happening and I couldn't figure out why... I friend sent me this link...

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=897142
    UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36
    Platform: 11013.0.0 (Official Build) canary-channel reef-unibuild (electro basking pyro sand snappy alan bigdaddy)

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    1. Use policy lid closed =sleep
    2. Reach the user login screen
    3. Enter credentials and press enter/login arrow
    4. Quickly, as soon as the screen image transitions off…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Feedback and Knowledge Base