GoGuardian Admin

1. Smart Alerts Threshold Setting

I would like to see a threshold setting available for adjustment. Chatting it seems the algorithm needs a 50% confidence to trigger. I was searching with forced Safe Search and the GG support said that will likely keep it below the threshold for explicit content.

This should be adjustable by the admin. I was clearly searching for inappropriate content, while not "****", a parent would get me fired easily with the images I COULD pull up.

Smart Alert never triggered, and I was careful to avoid all the keywords we have loaded in the old systems Flagged section.

Being able…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add time delay note to browsing history export pop-up

I needed a current export looking for a missed searched term in the web interface. Upon getting the email and converting the UTC (UGH!)...the report was missing 4 hours.

I understand if the data isn't "live" in an export, but there should be a note on the pop-up windows of the exact time missing/needed for the system to get data.

Example: Please note exports will be 4 hours behind the current time it is generated as the database hasn't processed the recent data yet.

Also a UTC note is helpful...I will be voting on the timezone matching topics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teacher Portal for video addition

Have a portal which would recognize teachers (OU based?) so they could submit videos to be allowed if the YouTube playback is set to restrictive. This would automate the process a bit and cute out admins having to add in those links.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Block multiple logins/Alert

Block students from logging into a chromebook with another users account. Or an alert that would show when this has occurred.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Surface a live log of sites visited (allowed & blocked) for investigative purposes.

It'd be fantastic to be able to see a live-log of sites allowed & blocked in order to observe and catch trends of possible inappropriate or distracting websites that students are spending time visiting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide a way for administrator to search by student search topic.

As a GG administrator, I am looking for a way to search by search. For example, I am looking for a list of students who searched a particular challenge in Google.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Develop a process that allows us to upload/import student rosters to create classrooms via CSV.

I would love to be able to update/import classrooms in one fell swoop. In other testing programs, we can upload a roster and the system creates testing sessions based on the information uploaded.

If it can't be connected to PowerSchool, this would at least be universal across all SIS platforms, and it would significantly reduce the time required to manage the tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A way for students to visually see what's blocked.

A tag next to Google search results stating if a given resource is blocked. It would eliminate the need for manually clicking through results checking if a resource is blocked; it is a small change that would could have a magnitude of influence over how students spend their time browsing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give the ability for an organization to upload their own splash page with return or contact info while in theft recovery mode.

I think it would be great to have the ability to put some type of splash page pertaining to the organization where the device belongs to when the stolen device is opened.This would enable the person to be able to return it or have contact info on how to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Block Iframe content on a per policy basis

Move the "Block Iframe content" toggle to allow it to be enabled for only some OUs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create a more time efficient way to search user activity.

Currently searching an activity "type" for a user - i.e. blocked - requires you to deselect all other categories/types one at a time. You need to wait for the page to refresh every time a category/type is deselected. This makes it a laborious process just to harvest some refined/filtered information. I would like to see a process where I can select (rather than deselect all) categories/types so I get the information quicker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change the idea of ***********

So when a student accidentally clicks on a pop-up ad while watching videos on sites, GoGuardian doesn't mistake a dating site as ***********. So then the student has all his sites blocked, and other students have the freedom to go on other sites. However, the student who has everything blocked is stuck where it is, and then the principal and vice principal are convinced that it is *********** and won't give the student a second chance. So the student is stuck where he is with no hope, and no one can trust him again and feels sad the rest of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add SAML Authentication

It would be great if you would provide support for SAML based authentication. This would be a great feature to simplify login for staff and administrators.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Combine User Accounts (Adoption, Marriage, etc.)

We had an issue today where a student was found to have two accounts because the student had their last name changed and had a primary email and secondary email attached to one account. This student was then able to go around filtering by using their first email address because, even though they have one account in Google, the account was removed from their OU in GoGuardian. After checking anyone that has a name change that we create aliases for is removed from being filtered on lower tiers from the generic "umbrella" filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the policy simulator aware of the status of "at home mode"

While working from home today, I discovered that the filter policy simulator was not correctly reporting the status of a domain at home and at school. We do not have "at home" mode enabled. When I simulated "*******.com" it came back and told me that it was blocked at school but allowed at home! I was shocked and half panicked. A quick login to the device as a student user set me at ease, as it did, in fact, block the site. That would look bad if I were demonstrating or training other admins in the use of the console.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like "add a google classroom" to be at the top of the add a classroom page. I would like my users to see that first. thanks

When my teachers add a classroom, they make the same mistake in not adding a google classroom because they dont see the option unless they scroll to the bottom of the page. I would like add a google classroom to be at the top instead of at the bottom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Report of top sites visited

We would like to be able to export a report of the top visited sites over the past 6 months, including the hours spent on each site, and be able to export that report by different OUs. On the Classic View page, that information is available and can be downloaded, but cannot be separated by OU. On the 2.0 dashboard, there is no way to even export that information at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base