I suggest that you...

Penalty Box

Could there be multiple penalty boxes for administrators so that different settings could be administered to students based on "offense"?

36 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryan Veal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an "Export" option to download the current list of URLs added to Penalty Box allowed list.

• Dylan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see a timer feature added to the Penalty box. If a student looks up "memes" or "solitaire" or "snake" in Google I add them to a Penalty box but I would love to automate a timer to pull them out so I don't have to pull them out manually. Auto-pull out is a working title.

• Ryan Schasteen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such as “No YouTube” or “No Email”. But if you could assign by google groups, then “3rd Grade” etc. Yes!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome! Penalty Box is so much nicer than having to create all these different OU's to apply restrictions, so if we could create multiple Penalty Boxes and put student in those as needed it would be a great enhancement!

• Dianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be huge for our system also!!! I just set up my first one for a student in alt school that has certain sites to complete his work. We have students in different grades so the sites are varied.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be huge. Student A need penalty box restrictions due to their IEP, but Student B needs a different set of restrictions due to their individual IEP. Currently I am creating a Google Group and dropping kids into that and using our Lightspeed Filter to block them.

Gets to be a hassle with multiple different groups, with multiple different students. An option to have a Penalty Box OU structure like... Penalty Box > Facebook Penalty Box, Twitter Penalty Box for individual use cases per student.

Feedback and Knowledge Base