I suggest that you...

Theft Recovery

I was hoping to use a combination of your Theft Recovery and our public session kiosk app. The intent would be break the ability for students, with lost or stolen devices, to disable use of thier chromebooks if those devices were moved into the Stolen Devices Org Unit. The way it's currently configured with Theft Recovery, we can see where the students are going but the device is not being returned (because they are still able to use the device). I do like that we can see what pages the student is going to with the Theft Recovery. A combination of the Theft Recovery functionality and the Public Kiosk would work nicely.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Administrator Wonderful collegeprep shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  cody responded  · 

Thanks for the request.

Per device disabling, you can currently do this in the Google Admin console which also allows a custom message on the screen. See the device disabling section on this page: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3523633?hl=en. Hope this helps!

In addition, there was a recent improvement where each theft recovery session is tied to a device, so you will be able to see the serial numbers for each stolen device if you sync your devices. Email me at cody@goguardian.com to learn more.

-Cody

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base