I suggest that you...

make it possible to override inherited settings

With how the OUs are designed, all sub OUs automatically inherit the parent OUs settings- this is usually what we want but there are some occasions where we want to whitelist sites for those in the parent OU but not the sub OU. Blacklisting the site in the sub OU doesn't work as the inherited whitelist overrides it.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kari Schwartz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    launched  ·  AdminProduct Team (Admin, GoGuardian) responded  · 

Thanks for the request! You can now achieve this specific workflow using Admin 2.0’s policies and inheritance structure. Try it out and let me know if it works for what you need!

Cody
    Product Manager for GoGuardian Admin

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben Houseward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran into this roadblock too. The way I expected it to work was if I selected a sub-OU and visited the whitelist/blacklist sites page, I expected to see a difference between what was inherited and what was specific to that sub-OU, and I could enable or disable the inherited ones.

I also expected to be able to click on "3 Unique Blacklisted Sites" and see what those 3 were.

I think the way we're expected to use it is to whitelist sites as low as possible in the OU tree to keep those from being inherited. If I had fully understood how GoGuardian inheritance worked before I created my rules I may have organized my structure differently. But I would definitely like to have the ability to override inherited settings somehow.

Feedback and Knowledge Base