I suggest that you...

Notify admin when a stolen chromebook comes online

Currently, Only Administrators with Chromebooks in Theft Recovery that have Geolocation information are notified that the device has come online. It would be very helpful if the Admins were notified at ANY TIME a device comes online. A lot of times we locate devices by who is logging into them or into the various apps they navigate to. It is usually days even weeks before we realize a device came online and a lot of times we've missed our opportunity to locate it.

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan HedgpathDan Hedgpath shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    launched  ·  codycody responded  · 

Thanks for requesting better theft recovery notifications, as we just launched it!

Over the last few weeks, we overhauled how devices are tracked via Theft Recovery, meaning that you will only see one session per device, you will not see any erroneous sessions from Google testing the theft recovery app, and you will receive notifications as soon as the first piece of data comes back for a missing device. In addition, if you have ever had a trial of GoGuardian Fleet or activate a trial of GoGuardian Fleet, we will be able to show serial numbers in Theft Recovery as well.

Hope this makes finding your devices much simpler!

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...