I suggest that you...

YouTube - Option to disable Suggested Videos

It would be nice to have an option to block the suggested videos on YouTube. This includes the videos in the right sidebar in the player after a video has finished playing. These can sometimes contain inappropriate titles and thumbnails.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kory PrinceKory Prince shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    launched  ·  codycody responded  · 

Thanks for the request to block suggested videos! This is actually already a feature for GoGuardian! If you go to the Whitelist/Blacklist tab, and then click on YouTube, you will have the ability to block suggested videos, as well as comments. Here is the link if you need it: https://goguardian.com/account/blackwhitelist/videos

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for helping us make the product better!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kory PrinceKory Prince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cody, I did not previously see those options because I was at a top level OU where YouTube filtering is disabled.

Those options do fix most of the problems, but it does not block the videos at the end of a video.

I missed a word in my first post:

This includes the videos in the right sidebar *and* in the player after a video has finished playing.

So can I convert this wishlist into an option to block the suggested videos in the player?

Feedback and Knowledge Base