I suggest that you...

Provide parent access to see student activity

On-demand access to parents to see student's browsing activity (e.g top contents, top searches, browsing history, etc.) and teacher interventions (e.g., locked screens, closed tabs, etc.)

454 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • UH Tech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One thing that I like about Securly, when it comes to the parent feature, is that the parents can restrict additional sites when their child is not on the school's network.

• Michael Gurule commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I want to use this as soon as possible! Securely is calling me daily (I didn't know they already had this feature) and i don't want to move products if GoGuardian can provide this tool.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

....How long should this take to review..it has been 3 years and I still do not see this available or even in the works.

• Brian Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a fantastic idea.. was just coming here to propose this very thing after dealing with a parent who wants to see what their child is doing. It would not only decrease administrative work, with parents being able to monitor and discipline children but it would increase transparency and help with the 1:1 "fear" factor we get...

• Karly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a concerned parent and would like to speak to someone from GoGuardian in regard to information i received from the the school. Please contact me

• Cassandra Stevenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great, no trust whatsoever. No wonder kids hate their parents, we are all just on a leash, or at least an extending one, still choking.

If parents could sign up to receive reports of their students online activity and receive them weekly or monthly that would be great!

• Kurt Harms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds like a great option for schools to choose to implement as they see fit. I know there are other apps that do this. It would be great if GoGuardian decided to make this part of their repertoire of features.

• Bryan Veal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a little surprised this is still showing as only "Under Review", especially when other companies like Securely are offering it. Is there an update on this request from the engineers?

• Marjie Starkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long does this need to be under review? This is a needed feature for our families. My children attend another school district and have Securly. I receive a report each week which tells me the sites my children have visited. Go Guardian needs this feature. It would help teachers out immensely.

Get this done. Parents should have control over what their minor aged children are doing online and therefore have the ability to keep them encouraged and accountable for their schoolwork.

Securly and Lightspeed Relay both offer features that allow parents some control or monitoring or support, I'm very surprised to find that GoGuardian doesn't already have something. As someone helping prepare for a new one to one initiative at my district, this definitely factors into decisions about a filtering solution.

taking way too long to implement this request feature... makes users not want to submit ideas. What is the vote threshold to make this happen?

Ditto to this comment:

We would really like a way to add a parent alert for weekends and holidays, as well as a parent report that could be subscribed to by parents.
    We would like to see an option that parents could also get notified when there is a serious flag on a student account.

• Kelley Ivett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would really like a way to add a parent alert for weekends and holidays, as well as a parent report that could be subscribed to by parents.
    We would like to see an option that parents could also get notified when there is a serious flag on a student account.

• Joe Peacock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an excellent idea, but it is not enough. I would like for us, the school to stay out of the parenting business, except when the students are in school. So yes, it would definitely be a step in the right direction for parents to be able to get a report (so that at least there is a better way to keep kids accountable instead of just blocking everything, which doesn't teach any self-regulation), but if it means that parents then come to me to make policy changes for specific students, that is problematic. I would like parents to be able to make their own policies for their child's internet access and some kids definitely need more restrictions and supervision than others.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base