I suggest that you...

Specific filtering policies for individual students

We frequently have individual students that either need blocked from something that everyone else can access or need permission to access something nobody else can. I have to create a new OU in Google Admin just so I can create a custom whitelist/blacklist OU in GG.

70 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nicole TreeshNicole Treesh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  codycody responded  · 

Our new version of policy is currently being designed to provide exactly this functionality. Please email me at cody@goguardian.com if you want to help guide and improve how it works!

Thanks!
    Cody

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Barbara KellyBarbara Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, that seems great and I am looking forward to that as, for the time being, I have had to create individual OUs to enforce specific restrictions.

I would like to have the ability to individualize passwords for bypass purposes. We are a K-12 school, so for now when I give a US anatomy class permission to bypass a block, everyone on campus has that same window if US happens to share the password (which they will).

• Karl LangerKarl Langer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!

Individual school sites don't have access to move students in and out of OU's in google admin. It's not feasible / sustainable to contact someone at district to handle these things, and it never will be. This would be a HUGE help and simplify enforcing technology policies tremendously.

• Tiffany WilsonTiffany Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create an easier way to manage a "lockdown" OU for students that need very restricted access. Currently, we need to modify our Active Directory to modify our Admin Panel to sync with GoGuardian. It would be nice to have control of a restricted OU that does NOT inherit from a parent. That way, we could keep our AD/AP structure sound while also providing customization that the district/legal system requires.

• Peter IlesPeter Iles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have international students that use their device for school but we'd like to relax goguardian for them at night so they can use social networks and video streaming sites.

Feedback and Knowledge Base