GoGuardian Admin

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Tracking CBs' by serial and recent user info

Would like to know (for example) the last user of a Chromebook. The admin feature in google does have this feature but lists all previous students and I'm not sure of which user was the most recent user and I would like to know who maybe keeps changing the language or who is spinning the display to display upside down or maybe even who is popping off the keys from the keyboard.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      under review  ·  codycody responded

Thanks for the feedback on new features! While this isn’t currently a feature in GoGuardian Admin, it is a feature in GoGuardian Fleet (fleet.goguardian.com). Check it out and let me know if it is a good fit for what you are trying to do.

Thanks!

• Block logging in to consumer accounts

Block adding consumer gmail accounts after logging on. Controlling the chat function can be done within the domain is easy to regulate, but when users are able to add an account after login they are able to use the consumer chat and hangouts during school time.

34 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing feedback on new feature suggestions. While we don’t have it as a specific feature, you can accomplish this by adding the following sites to your custom blacklist:

accounts.google.com/Logout
        accounts.youtube.com/accounts/Logout2
        accounts.google.com/AddSession

Please keep in mind that if you have Google.com added to your Whitelist this workaround will not work.

Hope this helps!

• Create a way to freeze the browser while students are taking a test.

Our students use Google Forms to take tests. Right now, they could open another browser to look up the answer. It would be nice if the teacher could freeze it so that they can't leave the test screen.

9 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for requesting the ability to be able to freeze the browser when students are taking a test. This currently isn’t a priority in the Admin product, but is a feature in GoGuardian Teacher. Please email me at cody@goguardian.com if you need more info!

• Theft Recovery

I was hoping to use a combination of your Theft Recovery and our public session kiosk app. The intent would be break the ability for students, with lost or stolen devices, to disable use of thier chromebooks if those devices were moved into the Stolen Devices Org Unit. The way it's currently configured with Theft Recovery, we can see where the students are going but the device is not being returned (because they are still able to use the device). I do like that we can see what pages the student is going to with the Theft Recovery. A combination…

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request.

Per device disabling, you can currently do this in the Google Admin console which also allows a custom message on the screen. See the device disabling section on this page: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3523633?hl=en. Hope this helps!

In addition, there was a recent improvement where each theft recovery session is tied to a device, so you will be able to see the serial numbers for each stolen device if you sync your devices. Email me at cody@goguardian.com to learn more.

-Cody

• allow blocking of entire top level domains.

I find that many times the students are navigating to sites which should be blocked but are based on one of the new custom TLDs such as .click or .website . It would be simpler to have the option to default block many of them and then whitelist what we would like opened as opposed to blocking each of the new websites as they have just modified their domain names.

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. You can currently add wildcards to your blacklist, such as * 123movies * (without the spaces, this forum converts the text to bold if I move them next to the word) which would block all the variations of 123movies – 123movies.com, 123movies.click, 123movies.co.au, 123movies.xyz, 123movies.io, etc. Is this what you are looking for?

• Summary Snapshot on Dashboard - Allow Us to Compare different time periods to evaluate Professional Development.

Now that we have rolled out chromebooks en masse, I would like to collect longitudinal data comparing usage over a period of time. The summary snapshot on the dashboard is great, but only covers 7 days. It would be nice to report out data comparing different time periods (e.g., comparing one week vs. three weeks prior) to evaluate use of devices and impact of Professional Development. This would help justify the PD we are offering and the expense of the technology.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried GoGuardian Director? This is a free tool that shows educational app usage over time which was designed specifically to help analyze chromebook usage and PD recommendations.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base