GoGuardian Admin

1. Would love to have exported student files to match up my time zone rather than UTC time

Would love to have exported student files to match up my time zone rather than UTC time. It would make it much easier to rebuttal hostile parents who don't believe the time lines.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Penalty box

Penalty Box
    The penalty box is a great idea, can we add a "blacklist" feature to it as well? For example, I'd like to block just 2 particular websites for this 1 student without having to create a new org unit. Then if he/she does well for the week, I'll remove them from box.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a way to white list sites from Smart Alerts.

Smart Alerts are awesome, but in this case, I am getting them multiple times a day on a site. The site's content is "Fan Fiction" but its not obscene enough that it warrants any action on my part. If I could tell smart alerts to ignore that site, it would cut down on my alerts significantly. I would estimate that 30% of my alerts are from this one site.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add texting notification for Smart Alerts

It would be nice for designated assignees of an alert to get a text notification since admins are not always looking at their email or they have disabled email notifications on their phone. Text alerts would allow a quicker and more immediate response, especially in Self-Harm cases. Nothing fancy, just a simple SMS saying New GG Alert: Self Harm with student name and OU and URL pointing to full Smart Alert in GG.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filter by Google group instead of OU. Allow customers to switch this on.

My users and OUs are auto created and managed with a script. A request has come to me from administration to assign users who abuse their privileges restricted internet access instead of removing their network access. The typical solution would be to create an OU for this and drop the users in this OU, but the automation script we have in place will set these users back in the correct OU nightly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide a method to whitelist a group of YouTube videos a one time (.csv import, for example).

I have a few teachers that have 30 or more videos they want whitelisted. It would be great to be able to import these into GoGuardian as a group, rather than one at a time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. trigger alerts using regular expressions or keywords

Currently triggers only work for two categories. Ideally they would be much more flexible.
    Administrators should be able to enter a regular expression, keywords etc that would cause a trigger alert to be sent to a school principal.

This alert should be able to be applied per user or per OU.

For example student joe smith may do a search for "weapons" and the search would trigger an email to a responsible party.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Penalty Box

When viewing a user, I would like to be able to add them from the penalty box from there without having to navigate to the penalty box page.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. provide those who can view Smart Alerts (without being an admin) the ability to resolve Alerts.

Currently, we have admins who view the Smart Alerts and speak to/discipline students. However, they do not have the ability to resolve those issues (removing them from the feed). Our fear is that with so many alerts being stored in the feed (resolved and not), there is potential for an Alert to get lost and not addressed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reporting

When the reports are created in CSV or PDF, is there any possible way to add a drop down menu to change the time zone. So when I pull a report it changes the time zone to PST. Also make it a dynamic report by selecting certain attributes and hit the create the report. The CSV or PDF has just that information.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the Admin 2.0 dashboard graph info clickable with detailed reports available

I'd love to see the section with numbers to be clickable and take you to a report for each.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have button on blocked web pages to send email with URL to admin.

Right now I have a button to send an email to the admin on the blocked web site page. I can't figure out how to automatically include the URL in the email. I have a lot of students asking for access, but they don't include the URL. I have to email them back to get the URL.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a app search by user

Create a search that allows us to find what users have installed a specific app. We can blacklist an app but we can't tell who installed (or is using) it

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Whitelist by Category

With Blacklist by Category, sometimes websites fall under multiple categories. It would be nice to have a category by whitelist that overrides the category by blacklist when checked. I.e. Whitelisting the Educational Games category as many of them fall under Online Games and end up getting blocked.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  cody responded

Whitelisting categories is being designed as we speak in our new filtering implementation. Coming soon!

15. Redesign flagged alert notifications to make an email digest option available.

Our admins receive too many flagged activity alerts, and it makes it difficult to act on them because there is such a high volume of separate emails. It would be great if they could be condensed into a daily digest that easily identifies student, OU, time, and the flagged activity.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Could you add a link on the student History page to print a report? I am in the IT department and have no trouble opening a CSV, opeining in

Could you add a link on the student History page to print a report? I am in the IT department and have no trouble opening a CSV, opeining in Excel, expanding the column width, Typing a title at the top of the report, etc... I was just thinking, however, that our Principals might want to print out a nicely formatted report that they can put in a student's folder. They use this when meeting with parents, so the report formatting makes an impact. I was also just thinking in terms of making it simple and quick... Some of our high…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

launched  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Theft Recovery Notes

Theft Recovery Notes would be very helpful per device. When you have lots of devices that have gone missing it would be nice to have on the screen some notes that you and others may write about that device.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Penalty Box - see who put a student in the penalty and the date they were added - and also a "time limit"

Penalty Box - it would be nice if you could add fields to show who put a student in the penalty and the date they were added - and also add an optional "time limit" so that administrators could put a student in the penalty box for a certain time (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, custom dates, etc) depending on the discipline level they deem appropriate.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Theft recovery

Add a comments or note section to Theft Recovery. This would allow users to provide details if the authorities have been contacted, report number, who is possession of the device and any other pertinent information.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Self Harm Notifications

I think there should be a way to setup an alert for a guidance counselor that a student is looking up "self harm" without giving them access to the console to view or modify settings.

If a student is looking to hurt them selfs then we as admins getting the notification would be responsible if they did something!

If we could setup a notification to a counselor and they could ideally get a screen shot to their e-mail that would be really helpful! As it stands now they would need a GG account and access to the dash board and…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base