GoGuardian Admin

1. Create Blacklist cleanup

When the backlist gets overloaded with sites, it gets kinda overwhelming. If there could be a way to organize the list (either by category, alphabetically, or by date added) that would be great.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. penalty box

Can you please add the following to the penalty box
    1, can you add a notes section
    Since we have more than one person using GG having the ability to know why someone was placed in the box is valuable.
    2, Can you add the date that a student was placed into the penalty box
    3, Progressive discipline tracker For teachers, tracks when students are on and off track and places them in the penalty box and removes them automatically when they finish the predetermined discipline.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a feature that would allow admins to end sessions for staff who leave them open

We had a staff member leave 2 sessions open and was not here the next day. We had to reset her password in Go Guardian, Reset her email password and then go in and end the sessions. It would have been easier to just go in and end the session on the admin side.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Theft Recovery

Hello, I know we have asked about this in the past - but now it is more of a feature request. When we first signed up for GoGuardian, it had the ability to take facial screenshots when a device was marked as Stolen. I know that GoGuardian told me that this turned into a privacy issue because of students. However, the device is considered stolen, so if it's a young person or older person, its stolen, when it comes time to prosecute a person for stealing a Chromebook (Thanks to GoGuardian's location tracking helping us find the stolen Chromebook) we…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Build a filter for PC and Mac's

We love GoGuardian for our Chromebooks. We would love a client that we can install or add to our Windows and Mac devices. Another idea would be for iPads and Androids.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Smart Alert - Keywords suggestion and fine tuning filtering

Currently our school is live testing Smart Alerts vs. classic filtering. Of the most recent examples, a student googled "nude teens" which triggered a classic notification but failed to trigger a Smart Alert.

After discussing this with a GG rep, Safe Search had blocked the content of the search results (yay!) to a point where Smart Alert reviewed the content, did not detect any 'explicit material' and because of this was then not confident enough to trigger this as an Alert (boo!).

My idea is to include a list of keywords that can be utilized to help discern INTENT of…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Full RegEx in blacklist/whitelist

Using the wildcard is a boon to the blacklist and whitelist URL strings, but it would be awesome to use full blown RegEx there. RegEx would allow very granular control over specific use cases.

For example, Netflix uses the following IP range for content:
    198.38.96.0 - 198.38.127.255

I can use the following regex to exclude all of those IP addresses:
    .*198\.38\.(9[6-9]|1[0-1][0-9]|12[0-7])\.(1?[0-9]{1,2}|2[0-4][0-9]|25[0-5]).*

Or, for all those games hosted on Google Sites:
    sites\.google\.com.*(unblock(ed)?)+|(game(s)?)+.*

will block any URL with sites.google.com and contains unblock OR unblocked OR game OR games

Using this with the whitelist could mean that:
    (.*\.?craigslist\.org\/?)($|(\?areaID=346($|(&forumID=(501|64|2007|90|49))))|((search/((rid)|(cls)|(vol)))(\?query=.*)?(\/\d*\.html)?)$)

Allows access to the rideshare,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Announcements to students

Our school is about to go 1 to 1 with chromebooks at our school. We are in the Grossmont Union High School District. My question is, is there a way to push out announcements to the chromebooks from admin? With every kid having a computer we would like the ability to put out special info to students this way. It could be on the start up screen, screen saver, or as a pop up. Is this something we could do?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When a Smart Alert is resolved, it should disappear from the dashboard

Currently, a Smart Alert displays on the dashboard even after it has been resolved. Please have the dashboard only display smart alerts that are not resolved.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Penalty Box Beginning and end scheduling

I would love to see the ability to put a student in the penalty box with a scheduled end time set for the end of the consequence

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase the maximum whitelist limit to 5k

Increase the maximum whitelist limit to 5k so we can whitelist all resources in our curriculum.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Instead of days of the week use a calendar.

Would like to suggest that adding a calendar instead of picking just days for the Scenes will help more teachers to use GoGuardian. We have day schedules in the High School covering 6 days, day 1 , 2, 3, .. so using a calendar will allow the teacher to schedule their whole class. This will also help with holidays, pull outs, specials.....

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add more functionality to help me monitor my staff's usage of GoGuardian

I'd like to see reports on how often my teachers are using it, how they are using it, etc. This will help me provide feedback and support in making sure GoGuardian is being implemented with fidelity at the classroom level.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Smart Alerts: Allow users with Monitoring role to manage pending alerts

Allow users with monitoring role to manage pending alerts that are assigned to them, without giving them rights to edit any other settings.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow users to see why a site is blocked.

When dealing with our students, often it can help future decision making to know why a particular site may be blocked. If a user knows that Twitter was blocked because it's social media, then they're less likely to simply give up because "everything's blocked anyway"

Simply knowing the category or string that's blocked them increases visibility and puts some of the power back in their hands.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Block extensions like Leaf Browser Alpha and other ghost browsers that bypass your service.

Block extensions like Leaf Browser Alpha and other ghost browsers that bypass your service.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  cody responded

Thanks for alerting us to Leaf Browser Alpha. We are constantly adding new proxy/VPN/ghost browsers that allow students to bypass filtering and it has been added to our global blacklist. In the future, you can contact us directly when students find a bypass or add it to your own list of blacklisted apps. In addition, many schools use the “block all apps and extensions except the ones I allow” setting in the Google Admin Console to minimize the use of unauthorized apps.

Hope this helps!

18. Block Uncategorized Domains

Our filter is easily circumvented by students who find sites that do not yet have a category. I can always blacklist after the fact, but it would be much easier if uncategorized sites automatically were blocked.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. allow blocking of entire top level domains.

I find that many times the students are navigating to sites which should be blocked but are based on one of the new custom TLDs such as .click or .website . It would be simpler to have the option to default block many of them and then whitelist what we would like opened as opposed to blocking each of the new websites as they have just modified their domain names.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  cody responded

Thanks for the request. You can currently add wildcards to your blacklist, such as * 123movies * (without the spaces, this forum converts the text to bold if I move them next to the word) which would block all the variations of 123movies – 123movies.com, 123movies.click, 123movies.co.au, 123movies.xyz, 123movies.io, etc. Is this what you are looking for?

20. Notification on Global Blacklist Change

Notify designated admins (option to receive email notifications) when new websites are blacklisted by GoGuardian.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    cody responded

Thanks for the request for a Global Blacklist Change Update. While we haven’t decided on this as a feature yet, I wanted to update you guys directly, as we just added another 37,000 suggestions from GoGuardian admins to our blacklist.

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base