GoGuardian Admin

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Smart Alerts: Send email to student when a smart alert is triggered

In addition to chrome notifications, send an email to student about having triggered an alert due to browsing activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filters-have the ability to clone an already created Policy and add to it

Filters-have the ability to clone an already created Policy and add to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Having the ability to forecast a date period rather than the last 7 days in Director would be a nice feature.

Having the ability to forecast a date period rather than the last 7 days in Director would be a nice feature. Running the report in Admin view, it times out when I run a year report from August of 2016 to July of 2017. Trying to use this information to guide curriculum changes based on usage models. Thank you in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update how location is determined

Currently the IP range config for "Monitor at school only" depends on network address ranges (generally private networks). Problem is most networks use the same private IP space. So a user on a home network could be using the same IP space as a school. We need a way of determining the users un-NAT'd gateway address because that would always be unique.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a dashboard card for recently online device in Theft Recovery

I would love to see reports about devices the same way that Smart Alerts works

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Regular Expression

I know that GG supports wildcards (*) in the lists which will help when you're trying to block something like 123Movies who keep changing their TLD (123movies.to, 123movies.co, etc.hahahaha) but, this doesn't seem to help when you need to block something more complex.

For example, we currently added https://sites.google.com/site/subgfyfs/jgghj where a student is using Google Sites to host games and claims it can NEVER be (hahaha). Anyway, I want to be able to design something that will block Flash content on Google Sites.

Using something like sites.google.com/site/*.swf may do the trick, but no documentation seems to indicate that the wildcard…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. recent category

Recent Category Changes for Sites When URL Checked

I spoke with someone at GoGuardian, because I was wondering when a couple of sites had become associated with a certain category. I'm guessing the database GG has for sites incorporates at least a timestamp. I then suggested it might be a good informational feature to integrate that timestamp with the url checker, so if an organization encounters a black or whitelisting on a certain site, they can see if the change was the result of a categorical shift or if something else is happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Consolidate Online Reports

Consolidate reports on a specific student's activity on the online dashboard without having to export. If you can view all activity via export then you should be able to view all activity in one place on the dashboard as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Blacklist/Whitelist screen

The Blacklist/Whitelist screen, in the box where we insert the url, can the box be refreshed to go blank after we have clicked on the submit button? Right now you have to copy and paste over what is there or make sure you delete what is there first.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have the ByPass attempts number more than 100 or have a certain number of days/weeks.

Have the ByPass attempts number more than 100 or have a certain number of days/weeks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give admins a way to flag phrases

It would be great to be able to flag a phrase instead of just a one-word keyword to receive an alert. (i.e. "13 Reasons Why")

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Monitor Digital Certificates

It would very helpful if there was a way to monitor (or inventory) the digital certificate on a Chromebook? Students beat website monitoring by using VPNs that hide their actions. VPNs requires digital certificates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a "Past Student's" option at the top next to Top Users?

I do not need to see users that have graduated or left the school. Please add a feature to move students into a past users section, maybe at the top next to "Top Users"?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Wattpad bypass password

I really wanna use a website that i love but i need a stupid bypass password. does anybody where i can get a password from?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have a link or document to a comprehensive list of categories with brief description and examples of sites in each category

Have a link or document to a comprehensive list of categories with brief description and examples of sites in each category. Much like Palo Altos: (https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/CategoryList.jsp)
    This would make presenting to groups/administration much easier than having to go through the actual Admin Sites page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to message all students or classes at once

I would like the ability to send out announcements or warnings to my all of my students at once. For example I have a bulk of students who are attempting to visit an inappropriate site I want to warn the general population of students as a whole this is unacceptable and may result in consequences. Likewise it would be great to send out positive messages to the whole group. It's often hard to meet with all the students at the same time so if I could send them one message all the same time that would be incredibly helpful. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Be able to do a domain wide search for a specific app or extension. ie proxy bypass and blacklist

We'd like to see a list of all Chromebooks that have certain apps or extensions installed so we can black or whitelist them on the individual machines

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Block sensitive material on twitter.

Some material on Twitter is marked as sensitive material. IT would be great if GoGuardian blocked this material and let through all the other material not marked as sensitive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please consider a feature where GoGuardian Admins for can accept new black list items added by other groups in a similar category.

Give an option in the blacklist to subscribe to a common blacklist environment, categories would include these examples: education grade school, education high school, education college, Business Corporate, Business Banking, whatever your clients typically are. Then allow Admins to join/subscribe to the group say Education Grade School. This group subscription would allow the subscriber to review blacklist items others in the collective have submitted to block and allow me as the admin to adopt the new item or opt out of for example: http://www.mp3cab.com

This gives an additional selling point for the product to help make our admin jobs a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Usage Reports: How many hours/day-week-mo are CB's logged in (by classroom)?

For administrators who want to know how much Chromebooks are actually being used . . . a flexible report that will show the amount of time a given user or a classroom of users is logged into their account over a day or week or month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Feedback and Knowledge Base