GoGuardian Admin

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Filters-have the ability to clone an already created Policy and add to it

Filters-have the ability to clone an already created Policy and add to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • have a blur option for images in the Smart Alerts. Explicit images don't need to be constantly visible.

While screen shots containing explicit images are necessary for confirmation and reporting, they do not need to be visible for casual viewing of the Smart Alert cards or any other type of viewing that is not specifically attempting to analyze the content of the screen. Blurring gives the general feel of the screen while masking the objectionable content.

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request. Explicit screenshots are now automatically blurred in Smart Alerts and can still be unblurred in a single report view if necessary. Please try it out!

- Cody
        Product Manager for GoGuardian Admin

• Admin 2.0 SmartAlerts - No Screenshot in Email

At the moment, a screenshot is sent with the alert from Triggers. I received one due to a student getting into ***********. I think there should be an option to turn off screenshots from being sent with the email, and only exist when I get into the web site to review the issue. I opened that email and, WHOA, there it was right on my device, ***********. I am concerned about that existing in my email, and also about the passing around of those types of emails. Additionally, as a public school corporation, our email is subject to ***** records…

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the request. There is now a settings in Smart Alerts to remove screenshots from emails. Try it out and let me know if you have any questions!

Cody

• have notifications go to the proper campus administrator

I wish I could set notifications to send to the proper campus administrator. The elementary principal does not need notifications about a high school student's activity.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request! This is actually a feature of the new Smart Alerts that is being finalized as we speak and is expected to be released to everyone in June. However, we currently need more people to beta test it and help us guide its development. Just email me at cody@goguardian.com if you would like to try it out before everyone else gets a chance!

- Cody

• Improvements to the history download CVS

Couple of things I would like to see changed in the history download CSV

1) Download all, not just the max 1000 lines (someone else also requested this)

2) Fix the timestamp field so it's usable. Right now it is something like "Friday (5/1) 11:00am" which doesn't sort well and Excel doesn't understand

3) include the source IP address so I can tell if the user was accessing the Internet from home or school

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Beta Enhanced View - Need to be able to click flagged activity and see the flagged site

Feedback
              Under Important Flagged activity - can't click and get details like I can with the original overview page - example -
              www.google.com - I need more than just the root domain to see the activity - need to be able to click and go to the flagged site

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request! The ability to see a screenshot of exactly what the student was looking at when the notification happened is now available in our new Smart Alerts beta. Please email me directly at cody@goguardian.com if you would like access.

- Cody

• Add feature to send a warning message to students when a warning message is sent to the administrator

Add feature to send a warning message to students when a warning message is sent to the administrator about flagged activity. As the Admin I receive a lot of warning messages we forward to the Principal who speaks to the student, having a message also go to the student knowing this was reported may curb some of this activity.

4 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• make it possible to override inherited settings

With how the OUs are designed, all sub OUs automatically inherit the parent OUs settings- this is usually what we want but there are some occasions where we want to whitelist sites for those in the parent OU but not the sub OU. Blacklisting the site in the sub OU doesn't work as the inherited whitelist overrides it.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request! You can now achieve this specific workflow using Admin 2.0’s policies and inheritance structure. Try it out and let me know if it works for what you need!

Cody

• Be able to search by webpage address.

For example, I type in games.com and get all history for that site.

4 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Notify admin when a stolen chromebook comes online

Currently, Only Administrators with Chromebooks in Theft Recovery that have Geolocation information are notified that the device has come online. It would be very helpful if the Admins were notified at ANY TIME a device comes online. A lot of times we locate devices by who is logging into them or into the various apps they navigate to. It is usually days even weeks before we realize a device came online and a lot of times we've missed our opportunity to locate it.

25 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

launched  ·  cody responded

Thanks for requesting better theft recovery notifications, as we just launched it!

Over the last few weeks, we overhauled how devices are tracked via Theft Recovery, meaning that you will only see one session per device, you will not see any erroneous sessions from Google testing the theft recovery app, and you will receive notifications as soon as the first piece of data comes back for a missing device. In addition, if you have ever had a trial of GoGuardian Fleet or activate a trial of GoGuardian Fleet, we will be able to show serial numbers in Theft Recovery as well.

Hope this makes finding your devices much simpler!

• Create a simple search by URL.

In other words, I paste in the URL and it tells me every user that has gone to it and when.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• YouTube - Option to disable Suggested Videos

It would be nice to have an option to block the suggested videos on YouTube. This includes the videos in the right sidebar in the player after a video has finished playing. These can sometimes contain inappropriate titles and thumbnails.

6 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request to block suggested videos! This is actually already a feature for GoGuardian! If you go to the Whitelist/Blacklist tab, and then click on YouTube, you will have the ability to block suggested videos, as well as comments. Here is the link if you need it: https://goguardian.com/account/blackwhitelist/videos

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for helping us make the product better!

• Could you add a link on the student History page to print a report? I am in the IT department and have no trouble opening a CSV, opeining in

Could you add a link on the student History page to print a report? I am in the IT department and have no trouble opening a CSV, opeining in Excel, expanding the column width, Typing a title at the top of the report, etc... I was just thinking, however, that our Principals might want to print out a nicely formatted report that they can put in a student's folder. They use this when meeting with parents, so the report formatting makes an impact. I was also just thinking in terms of making it simple and quick... Some of our high…

8 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

There is now a PDF Report available to make it easier to present data to principals, parents, and teachers. Please let us know how you like it!

• View a student's combined history (not separated by device)

It'd be good if there were a way to combine all of the session data into one view under the student's history. Right now we can only see one device at a time. It's scattered between each device and it makes searching their history cumbersome and time-consuming.

56 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • 5 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request! The ability to assign flagged activity events and mark them as completed is now available in our new Smart Alerts beta. Please email me directly at cody@goguardian.com if you would like access.

- Cody

• Search box for Google Searches

Provide search box for Google searches, so we don't have to try to find what we're looking for through thousands of search entries by students.

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to clone profile so we don't have to re-add all the sites we want just specific to an organization.

I have the default profile set to All User and our students. I want to set a profile to just students that has all the websites of the default plus what I want to add afterwards. The default profile effects the Staff Unit because it is under the All Users umbrella. Don't want Staff effected when I just want to add a site for my Students.

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for requesting the ability to duplicate profiles! We just launched this feature as part of Admin 2.0 filtering. Try it out at admin.goguardian.com/policy/policies!

Cody

• Search for user activity by URL

We need the ability to enter a URL and have it return a report of all users who have visited the site.

34 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

We just launched the first version of url reporting in the “Enhanced View” beta, including the ability to search by the most visited URLs. For each site, you can see a list of the users who accessed the site recently, your most active users of the site over a time range, and a graph of the site usage over a time range.

If you are interested in testing the functionality and providing feedback, please email me at cody@goguardian.com and we can get you on the beta!

Thank you!

• Sort whitelist blacklist alphabetically. Not by date entered.

Sort the whitelist/blacklist alphabetically to allow us to easily identify if an item is in the list. Also to quickly identify and remove duplicates. This will also aid in troubleshooting.

20 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all! As the CEO of GoGuardian I don’t get to code much anymore. So as a birthday present to myself I decided to knock out some low hanging fruit and write some code! I hope y’all enjoy the alphabetized backlist/whitelist results!

-Aza
                                          CEO @ GoGuardian

• search terms for google.com.au

Fix the bug whereby australian schools can't generate a report for search terms for google.com.au

It is a major functionality and we're missing out.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request. This has now been implemented, as well as for .co.uk and .ca.

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Feedback and Knowledge Base