GoGuardian Admin

1. Could you add a link on the student History page to print a report? I am in the IT department and have no trouble opening a CSV, opeining in

Could you add a link on the student History page to print a report? I am in the IT department and have no trouble opening a CSV, opeining in Excel, expanding the column width, Typing a title at the top of the report, etc... I was just thinking, however, that our Principals might want to print out a nicely formatted report that they can put in a student's folder. They use this when meeting with parents, so the report formatting makes an impact. I was also just thinking in terms of making it simple and quick... Some of our high…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

launched  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter by Google group instead of OU. Allow customers to switch this on.

My users and OUs are auto created and managed with a script. A request has come to me from administration to assign users who abuse their privileges restricted internet access instead of removing their network access. The typical solution would be to create an OU for this and drop the users in this OU, but the automation script we have in place will set these users back in the correct OU nightly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add a way to bulk add/delete flagged terms and export existing lists.

The ability to bulk add and delete flagged terms using either/or page check list or CSV. Also, the ability to export an existing list of terms to a CSV file for review or edit.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide a method to whitelist a group of YouTube videos a one time (.csv import, for example).

I have a few teachers that have 30 or more videos they want whitelisted. It would be great to be able to import these into GoGuardian as a group, rather than one at a time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. View a student's combined history (not separated by device)

It'd be good if there were a way to combine all of the session data into one view under the student's history. Right now we can only see one device at a time. It's scattered between each device and it makes searching their history cumbersome and time-consuming.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lock students computers so they cannot use another user on the device. Ie. I can view their school account, but they can log on with anothe

Lock students computers so they cannot use another user on the device. Ie. I can view their school account, but they can log on with another account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search box for Google Searches

Provide search box for Google searches, so we don't have to try to find what we're looking for through thousands of search entries by students.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a simple page for teachers that has a URL checker (to see if the URL is unblocked for a student).

Create a simple page for teachers that has a URL checker (to see if the account is unblocked). We do not have the teacher product and would love the ability for teachers to check URL's before teaching with a site that could be blocked.

236 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Favorites" list of students to watch

We have a student we need to monitor closely. It would be nice to have a "Favorites" section where I can see a list of kids that are on a watch list and quickly pull up all of their history.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to clone profile so we don't have to re-add all the sites we want just specific to an organization.

I have the default profile set to All User and our students. I want to set a profile to just students that has all the websites of the default plus what I want to add afterwards. The default profile effects the Staff Unit because it is under the All Users umbrella. Don't want Staff effected when I just want to add a site for my Students.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for requesting the ability to duplicate profiles! We just launched this feature as part of Admin 2.0 filtering. Try it out at admin.goguardian.com/policy/policies!

Cody
    Product Manager for GoGuardian Admin

12. Add admin/student messaging

I would like the ability to send a student a message as an Admin monitoring student use. This would be extremely helpful if I notice a student using YouTube for entertainment purposes.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow blocking of entire top level domains.

I find that many times the students are navigating to sites which should be blocked but are based on one of the new custom TLDs such as .click or .website . It would be simpler to have the option to default block many of them and then whitelist what we would like opened as opposed to blocking each of the new websites as they have just modified their domain names.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  cody responded

Thanks for the request. You can currently add wildcards to your blacklist, such as * 123movies * (without the spaces, this forum converts the text to bold if I move them next to the word) which would block all the variations of 123movies – 123movies.com, 123movies.click, 123movies.co.au, 123movies.xyz, 123movies.io, etc. Is this what you are looking for?

14. autofill

Instead of typing the full email into the system why can't we do a auto-fill option would be a nice time-saver! We already uploaded the roster you would think it should be easy just to autofill like

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a warning when attempting to Import OU and the root OU is deselected...

Since continue with the import without the root OU results in no sub-OUs being imported/selectable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reprovison bug fix

Random deprovisioned devices have the reprovision option greyed out until I move them to a different OU - refresh policies - restart - reprovision - then move them back to the original OU I had them in to start with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Flag inappropriate text within documents.

Send a email to administrators to alert them of which student(s) are involved. Use the existing flag list to tag documents with inappropriate language, etc.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search for user activity by URL

We need the ability to enter a URL and have it return a report of all users who have visited the site.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We just launched the first version of url reporting in the “Enhanced View” beta, including the ability to search by the most visited URLs. For each site, you can see a list of the users who accessed the site recently, your most active users of the site over a time range, and a graph of the site usage over a time range.

If you are interested in testing the functionality and providing feedback, please email me at cody@goguardian.com and we can get you on the beta!

Thank you!

20. Provide a feature to block specific search terms

Rather than just flagging terms, I need them to be blocked from being searched for on the internet. Students are searching for inappropriate things online and seeing the preview of the images. I need the search terms to be blocked where the actual search triggers a block screen.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base