1. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow blocking of Google Chat for individuals and by OU

We would love the option to block Google Chat for specific students and for OU;s

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OU specific policies, in addition to profile policies

When a specialized profile is in use with multiple OUs, and one of those OUs requests a change, we have to weigh the impact on the other OUs versus the issues of managing custom profiles for each OU. Instead, it would be useful to make those specific changes on the OU that requested the change. Similar to additional profiles, except that an OU could use a profile and have their own OU specific profile on top of it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Theft Recovery

I was hoping to use a combination of your Theft Recovery and our public session kiosk app. The intent would be break the ability for students, with lost or stolen devices, to disable use of thier chromebooks if those devices were moved into the Stolen Devices Org Unit. The way it's currently configured with Theft Recovery, we can see where the students are going but the device is not being returned (because they are still able to use the device). I do like that we can see what pages the student is going to with the Theft Recovery. A combination…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Cody Rice responded

Thanks for the request.

Per device disabling, you can currently do this in the Google Admin console which also allows a custom message on the screen. See the device disabling section on this page: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3523633?hl=en. Hope this helps!

In addition, there was a recent improvement where each theft recovery session is tied to a device, so you will be able to see the serial numbers for each stolen device if you sync your devices. Email me at cody@goguardian.com to learn more.

-Cody

5. Improved exporting a CSV of an OU

Use the link for nicer formatting.
    https://slack-files.com/T2HJHSKJL-F42PXHDD2-8dbc57209e

Exporting a CSV of an OU is lacking data.

Exporting a CSV of users in an OU only shows the users on the first page (a maximum of 50 or 100 users).

The only information displayed is Name, Email, IP, “Chromebook", and Sub-OU. It would be excellent if anything that can be quantified could be included as well, such as totals for:
    Flags
    Sites visited
    Google searches
    Apps/extensions
    Bypass attempts
    Number of devices the account has been used on

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve CSV exporting for OUs

The biggest issue is that when you export a CSV, it only exports the users you are looking at (50 users). Being able to export a CSV with ALL users in an OU would be great. I'd also like to be able to export CSVs with more customizable data, like what extensions a user has.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Exporting OU CSVs with more customizable data, such as Extension count or Extension names.

When you export CSVs of users in an OU, the only information you can get is their email, IP and a few other details. If it were possible to add an extension count column, or a list of extension names, that would be awesome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Differents apps open in new tab

It would nice if the apps could open in new tabs so I could have admin, teacher, fleet etc open at the same time easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Global maximum tabs option

Like the max-tabs feature in scenes for GG4T, I'd like to be able to limit the max tabs for all students. I've got students overloading their machines (sometimes apparently on purpose - I have one kid right now with 336 blank tabs open). So it'd be nice to limit them to 10 tabs at a time or something like that.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Music Video Category YouTube Filtering

To prevent students from the innappropriate content seen in music videos without blocking the entirety of the "Music" Category.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to see why a site is blocked.

When dealing with our students, often it can help future decision making to know why a particular site may be blocked. If a user knows that Twitter was blocked because it's social media, then they're less likely to simply give up because "everything's blocked anyway"

Simply knowing the category or string that's blocked them increases visibility and puts some of the power back in their hands.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adding a loading progress wheel when loading pages of user's history

is there a way to add a small progress/thinking wheel when switching through pages with a lot of content? i.e. a user's history? since it takes a moment to actually load the data I tend to click the next button multiple times and it advances one too many pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. make it possible to override inherited settings

With how the OUs are designed, all sub OUs automatically inherit the parent OUs settings- this is usually what we want but there are some occasions where we want to whitelist sites for those in the parent OU but not the sub OU. Blacklisting the site in the sub OU doesn't work as the inherited whitelist overrides it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request! You can now achieve this specific workflow using Admin 2.0’s policies and inheritance structure. Try it out and let me know if it works for what you need!

Cody
    Product Manager for GoGuardian Admin

14. Add a whitelist or blacklist link to Alert emails

when we receive notification via email of a "GoGuardian Flagged Activity Alert", it would be helpful to have a link that lets us whitelist or blacklist the siye directly from the email. It's a PIA to have to login and go to the whitelist/blacklist page every time so most times i don't get to it. This results in A LOT of duplicate alert emails... especially when students are doing reports on drug use or suicide!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow users to submit a URL for review from the block page

It would be great to have a new option for customising the Block Page. An extra button to submit the blocked URL for review.
    I'm currently working on a custom Google Form with a linked image, but it can only be placed in the text field of the page which very quickly gets clipped on top of the padlock on the background.
    With a third party solution like this, I also can't gather the actual blocked page to embed it in the request. In stead I am forced to rely on the student to know what they're doing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Theft Recovery

Hello, I know we have asked about this in the past - but now it is more of a feature request. When we first signed up for GoGuardian, it had the ability to take facial screenshots when a device was marked as Stolen. I know that GoGuardian told me that this turned into a privacy issue because of students. However, the device is considered stolen, so if it's a young person or older person, its stolen, when it comes time to prosecute a person for stealing a Chromebook (Thanks to GoGuardian's location tracking helping us find the stolen Chromebook) we…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Block extensions like Leaf Browser Alpha and other ghost browsers that bypass your service.

Block extensions like Leaf Browser Alpha and other ghost browsers that bypass your service.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Cody Rice responded

Thanks for alerting us to Leaf Browser Alpha. We are constantly adding new proxy/VPN/ghost browsers that allow students to bypass filtering and it has been added to our global blacklist. In the future, you can contact us directly when students find a bypass or add it to your own list of blacklisted apps. In addition, many schools use the “block all apps and extensions except the ones I allow” setting in the Google Admin Console to minimize the use of unauthorized apps.

Hope this helps!

18. Does GG offer an option to send out an alert to all CB's that are online and active to show a message, for example if we go into a lockdown

Does GG offer an option to send out an alert to all CB's that are online and active to show a message, for example, if we go into a lockdown we could send out a message to all the users via their CB's?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A way to list all blacklisted/whitelisted sites

With literally hundreds of nested OU's, it is hard to find if a site has been blacklisted/whitelisted under one specific OU. Currently the only way is to look at the OU's one at a time. It would be great to see a master list of blacklisted/whitelisted sites with a second column that shows the OU which it is under.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Geofencing.

Have the option to enable geofencing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)