GoGuardian Admin

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Smart Alert- Explicit- allow filtering for "Medium", "High", "Very High"

All medium, high and very high explicit smart alerts are recorded and displayed as a tile. It would be helpful to mark the front of each tile with it's confidence level and also allow us to filter the list by confidence level.

Our leadership staff does not want the email alerts for explicit due to it affecting visibility of self-harm alerts that have the same subject line. They want to manually review the log periodically. Our experience is that medium confidence level is almost always false-positive and they are tired of periodically plodding through mostly false-positives to find actionable information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expiration or Defined use period for allow filter items

Sometimes teachers would like to use a specific site or page of a site for a period of time. Perhaps this site has some usefulness but has some less desirable content such as games. Being able to expire it, or better yet being able to set an Activate/Deactivate time frame, would simplify management of such items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have an option to create more than one penalty box.

It would be great if we could have access to creating more than one penalty box. It is kind of hard to have one box with 18 different grade levels. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better logging of device usage for reporting purposes

Although you can currently see how many devices are online at any particular time, and the old version allows you to see a graph of past usage of how many devices were connected at any particular time, it would be nice to have a usage statistic for how many of your devices have been used in the last 24 hours or 5 days, etc. not how many were in use at a particular time, but how many different devices were logged into and used over that period. It would be helpful to justify the need for more devices or for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Block Pinterest Messaging

We have students using Pinterest to chat in the messaging feature. It would be nice to be able to block this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a way to block search *results* that contain blacklisted terms

Add a way to block certain words in search results, versus blocking the search terms itself.
    Case in point: a 3rd grade student was researching the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge; there happened to be articles way down on the search page about suicides on the bridge, so I (admin) get flags for this search. IF there was a vehicle to simplify her search not to include the items containing that word, I would get less (false) flags to deal with.
    Our SafeSearch is active, but doesn't filter these results.
    Besides getting the false-flags, our concern is that students doing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add option to revert changes in Filter > Activity Log > Policy Changes

I think it would be nice to see the addition of a revert option in the activity log for "super" admins. Say a Jr. Admin or building support staff with access changes a major item (removing a policy, deleting a multi OU policy, or goes allowance happy) it would be nice to revert that change on the fly as opposed to rebuilding manually. I was the Jr. Admin in this example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assign Out of School Mode to individual OU's

It would be nice if Out of School Mode could be assigned to individual OU's instead of it being a global setting. In our district only grades 9-12 take home district Chromebooks, what's happening to some students in the other grades is that they're using personal Chromebooks at home and GoGuardian is still filtering them. We don't want to filter personal devices outside of school so if I could turn on Out of School Mode just for these OU's we wouldn't filter their personal devices but still filter the district devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a category to block responsive test tools

Create a category to block responsive test tools. Sites like this:https://searchenginereports.net/screen-resolution-simulator# allow students to type a website into the bar and emulate the site while circumventing the filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. snap shots of activity

Find a way to allow us to see what the students were looking at in snap shots so we can investigate it. This would be when they are outside of the Google classroom or a scene and not being monitored by a teacher using GG. We are looking for students who are logging into web programs of other students but do not have the screen shots to prove it. It would be helpful if we could see those like we see alerts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. create a master "bell schedule" through the admin portal for the teacher console.

It'd be nice to have a master bell schedule with specific times so when teachers set up their classes, all they have to do is click off the periods the class meets. That way, there's no mistakes or overlaps in coverage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. change american date to uk date

Hi there, can we have the date change to european time??
    It is a very asked "feature" here at school as the american date can be very confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add "PENDING" to the drop down menu in Smart Alerts.

Smart Alerts... sometimes an Alert isn't resolved or dismissed but it is PENDING. which would be a helpful addition to the drop down menu. We have several people in the district with access to the program and it would be helpful to know if something (like self-harm) is being addressed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. GoGuardian DNS Malicious / PuP DNS Realtime Blacklist

With the new GG DNS, pair the service with an 3rd provider to categorize malware, ransomware, cryptomining via realtime block list., something like WebTitan HQ or Cisco Umbrella. These two work with outside security companies to provide lists updated in real time to prevent clients from accessing compromised sites, ransomware from calling home, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix GoGuardian settings for Youtube so that the miniplayer is blocked also

My kids are able to bypass the GoGuardian filter on Youtube by simply moving the video to the miniplayer. This is a HUGE issue and now pretty much every kid in my school knows the trick so GoGuardian is useless unless I block Youtube altogether, in which case teachers start complaining because they use it for lessons. I have talked with multiple support agents with both GoGuardian and Google and nobody seems to have an answer or care. I just get a shrug of the shoulders and a "sorry, can't help you".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it possible to block policy inheritance and inherited Allow rules

We need a way to enforce more-restrictive rules for a sub-OU when the inherited policies have Allows that we want to block or override. Since there was some confusion when I was talking about this with the GoGuardian chat, here is an example:

Scenario: SiteA is blocked by category, but we want to allow SiteA for some reason. Therefore, in the highest level policy we include the rule "Allow:SiteA". However, there are some students that we want to block all sites for due to behavior issues. I create a sub-OU for their class that has Restrictive Mode active and only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Master 'on campus' toggle

Have an always filter/monitor on campus toggle that would get rid of the time restrictions for on campus. Any time our students are on campus using our devices we want them monitored/filtered with no exceptions. I think this would be the prevailing opinion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatically alert admin when users search for inappropriate words

We currently use iBoss for content filtering. I blocks users from searching for inappropriate words. I manually search for these and send screen shots to administration. If GoGuardian could add this as a trigger it would be great!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add tags to Theft Recovery devices

I add items to Theft recovery and others in my department might not know why. Then we all get emails, and then will wonder why this device was put in "Lost and Stolen" mode and where it's original home is. If I could have a notes tag when adding a device I could enter short details like: "student left district with device" or "possibly stolen from classroom". This would help reduce confusion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. direct access to the filteres categories

direct access to the filteres categories

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)