GoGuardian Admin

1. Set up Site and User based views on Data Utilization

With more students working from home, and often utilizing devices such as mobile hotspots, or personal wireless carriers that limit access with data caps, it would be good to be able to see how much data is being utilized by any particular student or site. That way if we need to site limit specific students we could. It would also help you spot things like large downloads of often potentially copyrighted materials or malicious apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track usage of an app installed on a student's chromebook

For example, Zoom was installed on our student's chromebooks for distance learning. We would like to track their usage so we know they are not using it outside of scheduled "class time".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Printing Capabilities

Allow student activity reports and chats to be printed for documentation when parents claim their child can't get access to online learning, and they've been online all day getting help through chat. I had to screen shot every page and it took 22 pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create a report so a school can see the last online access of entire school population.

Create a report so a school can see the last online access of entire school population. Directory A-Z or Online both have information but not in report format. If I copy and paste elsewhere the information does not stay in columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support monitoring of OS devices the same as Chromebooks

In the wake of the Corona Virus, We are planning to deploy our devices to our students remotely to create virtual classrooms. GoGuarian works well with the Chromebooks, enabling us to monitor all student activity by device. All your documentation, website and marketing material implies that you can monitor any device including OS devices. But because you do not support monitoring of OS devices, we cannot deploy our iPads remotely, as we have no way to monitor student activity and determine if they are in compliance with our Acceptable Use of Technology" policy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Whole Class/Student Response Option for Announcements & Take Over Student Screens (briefly)

Yes, thanks for the help. I do hope you are able to add that feature at some point. Also, it would be helpful to have a setting where students can respond to the whole class when I make announcements – I like the current setting for some things but would like the option to allow whole class response from students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Block Google Chat Function in Email

Right now the Meet function does not allow us to block Google Chat in school email. See below current function from google in the admin console:

Turn on video calling for your G Suite for Education domain.
    From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps > G Suite > Google Hangouts. Note: Hangouts Meet and classic Hangouts Chat are controlled by the same on/off setting, called “Google Hangouts,” and there is not currently a way to enable Meet without also enabling classic Chat.

By having this feature developed during remote learning it will greatly help us keep students on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sync user and device data from multiple/separate domains

For one of our clients, the Chromebooks are enrolled in Google domain A, whereas all the student accounts are in Google domain B. We have GoGuardian syncing with domain A so we can control device policies based on OU, however we get no granular data on student activity beyond what sites are visited. The ability to sync user data from a separate Google domain would appear to be the solution to this, however your support team indicates this is not possible. Please consider this!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix YouTube white listing validation

The whitelisting of an individual YouTube video must fit the format "youtube.com/watch?v=6s7aSNUCkiM" before the URL is accepted. The equivalent format "youtu.be/6s7aSNUCkiM" is not deemed to be a valid URL by the whitelisting feature in GoGuardian.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Enable chat" feature

I would like to suggest that teachers can still see messages that students sent through the chat feature,even after the student goes offline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. include an option to send an individual message to a student that is off task from the admin account.

Given the fact that the vast majority of the country is embarking on Remote Learning due to the COVID 19 outbreak, it would be incredibly helpful for admin to be able to send out messages to students that are off task or a gentle reminder that we can see everything they are doing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A feature that notices the teacher there is a chat from the student. That way we don't always have to be at the computer.

During this time of teaching from home, I wish there was a way to hear there is a chat from a student. Especially if when I have multiple sessions open at a time. Without going to look at each session, I have no idea when I have a message from a student.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide the ability to export student activity/student last logon date.

Provide the ability to export student activity/the student last logon date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide schools with report how many students were online that day during our school closures

We currently can only look at the dashboard to get a snapshot of online students. Would like a report to see how many of our students are going online during the day. Especially during school closures.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow us to make a note about any student even without an actual alert.

We would like to document a student's inappropriate use of technology even if the use didn't trigger an alert. (An example is using Pinterest to chat with other students.) We like to track the number of times we deal with a particular student over technology issues, which is almost always triggered by an alert, but when it's not, we have to make a note somewhere else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow admins to re-categorize sites.

Here is an example - a student is attempting to access a site at http://www.3dtuning.com/en-US/ to create a car design and GG is categorizing it as humor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Flagged Activity Severity Level Missing

A couple of days ago in the flagged activity emails, you would see the severity levels. Now, as of this morning the severity level has been removed, why? It is a new feature and update that was removed. I don't know about anyone else, but that was a nice feature to have. Is it a really big pain in the backend to keep that option?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. browsing history doesn't tell you which teacher blocked a student

I need to know which teacher scene is blocking a specific student sometimes. If the student is enrolled in more than one class, the browsing history lists all the teachers in the line that says the student was blocked, instead of just the teacher who was blocking them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to see a way to block youtube within the Google Apps.

Youtube is blocked if students attempt to visit Youtube's site, but they have discovered that they are able a Google App, such as Google Slides and then insert any Youtube video they want via the insert video feature (including words I have blocked by keyword - ****, music videos, violence). Students then watch these videos in their presentations and then delete them. By deleting them, they only show as a flag on my go guardian profile and I am unable to determine the exact videos they are viewing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable / Disable Parent App Access via Bulk Import / Export

A huge flaw in the design of GoGuardian Parent App. You can bulk import parents and guardians to create the account but must manually click on each name and the the enable slider to enable access to the app. The Enable / Disable Account Field should be just another column in the Bulk Import / Export Template. Also there is no way to download and verify or see which accounts are active or disabled.

Simple fix. Please add Enable / Disable as a template field to allow bulk importing and exporting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base