GoGuardian Admin

1. Penalty Box export option

Allow admin to export data and users from GoGuardian penalty box to CSV file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move block allow filter buttons from admin 1.0 to admin 2.0

In classic view, I can see all the youtube videos through this URL it has an easy block allow button. https://goguardian.com/account/google

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve CSV export time

Your CSV report export has become an increasingly long period of time to receive the report. I can only assume the Parent Portal accessing the same data does not help this. Significantly more processing power needs to be allocated to report generation as 4-6 hours for an automated report is not acceptable. When we first signed up for your service this was normally only 5-10minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide details about the first offending rule that triggers a block in the Simulator.

Currently the Simulator only indicates if there is a match to a smart or custom rule blocking a URL. It would help if the simulator indicated the exact string that is causing the block so we can quickly determine if we should change our custom rules. Our custom rule list is very long and makes it almost impossible to track down the exact rule that is blocking a certain URL--especially the really long URL's Google uses with random letters. Another idea would be if the blocked attempts page highlighted the string in the blocked URL that matched a block rule…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. give less power to teachers

my teacher can block my things. i generally play games when i'm done with work and i have no work, but since I've been sleepy recently from doing homework i fall asleep in class and i tell my teacher i have insomnia and since she doesn't like that answer she blocks me "because the reason why i am tired is that i play in my chromebook all night long" and that my answer is a cop-out so please make it to where teachers and block sites but can report to admins of school to block it so the teachers don't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow us to make a note about any student even without an actual alert.

We would like to document a student's inappropriate use of technology even if the use didn't trigger an alert. (An example is using Pinterest to chat with other students.) We like to track the number of times we deal with a particular student over technology issues, which is almost always triggered by an alert, but when it's not, we have to make a note somewhere else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow admins to re-categorize sites.

Here is an example - a student is attempting to access a site at http://www.3dtuning.com/en-US/ to create a car design and GG is categorizing it as humor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ruin everyone's lives by blocking Coolmath Games

i'm a teacher and i don't like students having fun so can you block coolmath games forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Limit access to specific OUs

Teachers should only be able to "police" students in their class. Can GoGuardian Teacher have a feature so that an Admin can only allow them to view students in a specific OU?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. browsing history doesn't tell you which teacher blocked a student

I need to know which teacher scene is blocking a specific student sometimes. If the student is enrolled in more than one class, the browsing history lists all the teachers in the line that says the student was blocked, instead of just the teacher who was blocking them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to see a way to block youtube within the Google Apps.

Youtube is blocked if students attempt to visit Youtube's site, but they have discovered that they are able a Google App, such as Google Slides and then insert any Youtube video they want via the insert video feature (including words I have blocked by keyword - ****, music videos, violence). Students then watch these videos in their presentations and then delete them. By deleting them, they only show as a flag on my go guardian profile and I am unable to determine the exact videos they are viewing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable / Disable Parent App Access via Bulk Import / Export

A huge flaw in the design of GoGuardian Parent App. You can bulk import parents and guardians to create the account but must manually click on each name and the the enable slider to enable access to the app. The Enable / Disable Account Field should be just another column in the Bulk Import / Export Template. Also there is no way to download and verify or see which accounts are active or disabled.

Simple fix. Please add Enable / Disable as a template field to allow bulk importing and exporting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add facility to delete student data

We had one cybersecurity-conscious parent opt his child out of data GG's collection. The only way to accomplish this (per support's instructions) was to place the student's user account in an OU that blocks installation of the GG extensions; GG support the deletes accumulated data. Obviously, this means that the student's device cannot be monitored via class sessions, although the parent was OK with monitoring/management part, just not the data collection part.

Though hoping that this doesn't become a common sort of parent request, it would be nice, a la a special OU (like for stolen devices), to automate the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a database of students and allow admins to add to classes

If I could add students from a "pool" it would be easier. Maybe you could use our OU and just allow us to pull students from there. I am new to this product o maybe it already exists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reporting of Screenshots

Ability to get reporting on students taking screenshots on Chromebooks. We have screenshots globally allowed because it usually is used for educational purposes. There have been some recent issues with teachers complaining about kids taking screenshots and cheating on exams by showing other students exam questions. Typically, the student personal cell phones are taken during exams (so they cannot use them for screenshots/cheating).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send more than 10 email alerts per day. It currently stops sending emails at 10.

Currently, GoGuardian stops sending email alert notifications at 10. Please make this a configurable setting. We want to increase the maximum number so that we don't miss any.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Single Student window in Classroom too wide to close in non-full screen view

Put a close button on the left side of the student screen.
    When viewing a single student pop-up in classroom in Half screen width the close button is off the tab and require the teacher to open to full screen to close window.
    Teachers like to have GoGuardian in half screen and presentation on other with notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add whitelist options in the Penalty Box for blocks of sites, similar to how it's available in Scenes.

We have students using Edgenuity, Canvas and a load of other sites. We unfortunately have to use the Penalty Box for several students and they need access to those sites and all the accompanying sites within. The Scenes section has functionality to import blocks of URLs to whitelist (Pearson, Houghton-Mifflin, etc.). Adding that functionality to the Penalty Box would be a blessing and save a ton of time manually entering URLs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Flagged Activity - include threat number in 2.0 view

Since you can only see 2 flags per line, having the threat number is critical for reviewing activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Theft recovery Disable device

We really need a way to put a device in theft recovery and also disable the browser feature. It would be better if it brought you to a fake login page, so they try to login, you get there ID then it brings you to a device disabled page, return Chromebook to X.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base