GoGuardian Admin

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Block YouTube Messenger

Block YouTube Messenger so that students are not allowed to chat. What's very concerning about this is that students can chat OUTSIDE the domain with anyone. This should be a feature in the policy area of GoGuardian for Admin along with blocking YouTube Comments and SideBar.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block Scheduling - GoGuardian Scheduling Request

Our High School uses block scheduling where the classes will change every other day. So for example, a student will have a class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the first week, then the second week the student will have that same class on Tuesday and Thursday. Each student has an "A Day" and a "B Day" schedule that alternates every day with different courses.

We are requesting a feature be created that would allow this type of scheduling to be done.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow admin access to teacher classrooms

Admins should have access to teacher classrooms without being made a teacher in that class. This would allow us to help teachers troubleshoot scenes, students that are not able to connect, and to remove students that may have been added to the wrong classroom, without having to ask each teacher to add us to a class and maintain our own list of classrooms.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. log the device ID or serial number with login.

The IP address is already logged, along with a timestamp. The device SN adds valuable information. Specifically, when handling an incident it is important to determine who, what, when, where, how and why. Timestamp, IP address, student name, URL, give us almost all of that. The serial number would allow us to more quickly determine the how.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. mini player

It would be nice to be able to disable the Youtube miniplayer. Kids have learned that for videos that GG is blocking, if they refresh the page and repeatedly click the miniplayer icon the video will open up in a separate window and no longer be blocked.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Google Search Results Filter

Give admins the ability to filter Google Search results based on the flags already implemented. The strangest flags pop on innocuous searches, and I would like to have the ability to prevent those flagged items from displaying in the results list. SafeSearch does not do enough and having the ability to filter flagged terms would be invaluable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a category to block responsive test tools

Create a category to block responsive test tools. Sites like this:https://searchenginereports.net/screen-resolution-simulator# allow students to type a website into the bar and emulate the site while circumventing the filter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Block Lyrics

Can GG come out with an option to be able to block students looking up lyrics?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make a disable the iFrame content be done for a class for a limited time

Some of the websites we use like typing club and safeshare that sometimes use embedded videos. Goguardian blocks all those videos because it says they are unsafe scripts even if I have allowed the websites. Then I have to manually add the override each time it happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quit abusing children

DoNt AbUsE cHiLdReN!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Detailed Daily Teacher Summary Command Activity Report

From the daily "GoGuardian Daily Teacher Summary" emails it shows the command activity, browsing activity, etc. It would be nice to have a tool / report on the Admin side to see a more detailed list of the command activity - tabs closed, tabs opened, which teachers are sending the commands, to which students, what the URLs were, etc. And then a summation for each - how many tabs did each teacher close that day, how many tabs did each student get closed, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. create a master "bell schedule" through the admin portal for the teacher console.

It'd be nice to have a master bell schedule with specific times so when teachers set up their classes, all they have to do is click off the periods the class meets. That way, there's no mistakes or overlaps in coverage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Games within Google search

We are having a lot of issues with kids playing the games that you can play simply by doing a Google search (Snake, Pacman, etc.). However, if you block the url that comes up when the students search for these, it blocks ALL Google searches. Because these games are embedded in the page, it makes it impossible to keep students off of them other than by playing close the tab all day long. I know this is probably something that will never be fixed because it's really a Google thing, but I have to try to bring this to someone's…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Whitelist for Smart Alerts

Whitelist for Smart Alerts

I've seen this feature request a few times and have voted for it each time. I just wanted to bump it up with my own feature request. We've been receiving a lot of false positive Smart Alerts, which negatively impacts our user experience twofold: (1) this makes it more difficult for notification email recipients to separate bona fide flags of explicit/self-harm student Internet use from false positives, and (2) it de-legitimizes the Smart Alerts system - if notification email recipients receive too many false positives, they are less likely to have faith in the Smart Alert…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please reinstate the function to allow us to suggest a category for an uncategorised site

In the old interface, we had the ability to recommend a category on an uncategorised website that we were adding to a block list. This, I assume, was sent back to GG and would help in spreading the categorisation out to other schools. Obviously, that would have to be checked.

It would be great to see this feature returned with the input sent to a categorisation engine as sites given a high priority to check.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix GoGuardian settings for Youtube so that the miniplayer is blocked also

My kids are able to bypass the GoGuardian filter on Youtube by simply moving the video to the miniplayer. This is a HUGE issue and now pretty much every kid in my school knows the trick so GoGuardian is useless unless I block Youtube altogether, in which case teachers start complaining because they use it for lessons. I have talked with multiple support agents with both GoGuardian and Google and nobody seems to have an answer or care. I just get a shrug of the shoulders and a "sorry, can't help you".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add webblocker category for Youtube to mp3 converter websites

We have issues with our students going to online converter/downloader sites to pull music/videos from youtube, which they then save to their Drive to listen/watch in class. This is their way of trying to circumvent not being allowed on YouTube in class. I've been manually blacklisting the websites but there are so many, it would be nice to have a broad category for youtube downloaders/mp3 converter websites.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Link GoGuardian to a Student Informaiton System

I would love to see a nightly import/update option for creating and updating classroom rosters from a schools student information system. Much like what happens with a Google Classroom or Canvas sync.
    Even if one large upload could be done periodically to create classrooms for teachers or mass update would help save time.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow the ability to enable the chat feature to ONLY ONE student at a time, not the entire class.

I've wanted to send a "stay on task" message to an off-task student, but when I enable the chat feature, all students see the chat window pop up in all classes. I would like to be able to discreetly remind a student to stay on task, without calling him/her out in front of the class. Also, it can be distracting for other students to see a chat window appear, and they may start sending messages to me that I am not asking for.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Feedback and Knowledge Base