GoGuardian Admin

1. List the last (or last few) devices a student logs into by MAC address and (local) IP address if available

As an admin in an environment where students share devices and have access to more than one Chrombook, I find myself often wishing that I had a way of seeing what device a student logged into last.

As a feature, I would like to be able to search for a student and see not only history, but also the device information to include the devices MAC, IP or serial number. All of those if available.

This ability would also help me with identifying vandals when investigating damage and vandalism incidents.

EDIT: Sometimes when devices go missing, we do not realize…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

started  ·  11 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow admins to send an announcement to ALL accounts regardless of online status.

Given the current issue of online/remote instruction. It would be very beneficial to be able to send a generic announcement to all accounts once log in occurs, such as "Check your email for an important announcement" or whatever an admin would need to send. So, regardless of online status we should be able to have a pinned announcement that appears once logged in, or pops up if someone is already logged in.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teacher Usage Log

Add a feature to see how frequent a teacher uses GoGuardian. Possibly with Log-in/out logs for each user.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Activity, Download CSV include all records, not just the ones on the page

Under Activity, I set the date range for 30 days and choose download CSV. The resulting CSV only includes one page of items. I need it to include all of the records in the date range.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide schools with report how many students were online that day during our school closures

We currently can only look at the dashboard to get a snapshot of online students. Would like a report to see how many of our students are going online during the day. Especially during school closures.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Block YouTube Messenger

Block YouTube Messenger so that students are not allowed to chat. What's very concerning about this is that students can chat OUTSIDE the domain with anyone. This should be a feature in the policy area of GoGuardian for Admin along with blocking YouTube Comments and SideBar.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hi, I would like to download the data of the Most Flagged users or have the report auto-emailed to me on a weekly basis.

Hi, I would like to download the data of the Most Flagged users or have the report auto-emailed to me on a weekly basis.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In areas where you allow export to csv (activity, OU lists, etc) - allow to export the entire result set - not just the current page list

I'm trying to search if anyone has gotten to a certain youtube video during a certain period or if it has been blocked using the Reporting-->Activity-->Activity-->Videos in Admin. When I try to export to CSV it will only export the page of results I'm seeing (be that 10, 25, 50 or 100 - depending on my selection). I have a result set of 768 entries - so that'd be 77 exports and files - way too much time - please upgrade this to export (as an option) the entire search result set.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is there away to export the Directory A-Z data to a CSV file?

Is there away to export the Directory A-Z data to a CSV file?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add function to globally compare, export and import filters from one policy to another.

Add function to globally compare, export and import filters from one policy to another.

I'm sure we have lots of duplicate filters between our policies. I'd like to be able to, at least, export the filters from the policies, compare and correct in a spreadsheet, then import back into the policies. A built in interface would be better, but at least seeing them all in a spreadsheet would be nice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a daily report of the number of unique logged in users. This could provide a metric of usage.

With remote classwork becoming critical, so will validation of attendance with the deices that are sent home with the kids. If we could validate that a certain number of unique users logged in per day we could get at least a baseline metric of how many students are traversing pages being monitored by GoGuardian. This would help to justify the cost of GG as a monitoring platform.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Printing Capabilities

Allow student activity reports and chats to be printed for documentation when parents claim their child can't get access to online learning, and they've been online all day getting help through chat. I had to screen shot every page and it took 22 pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Block Google Chat Function in Email

Right now the Meet function does not allow us to block Google Chat in school email. See below current function from google in the admin console:

Turn on video calling for your G Suite for Education domain.
    From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps > G Suite > Google Hangouts. Note: Hangouts Meet and classic Hangouts Chat are controlled by the same on/off setting, called “Google Hangouts,” and there is not currently a way to enable Meet without also enabling classic Chat.

By having this feature developed during remote learning it will greatly help us keep students on…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy Allowed Videos from one policy to another easily

It would be great to have a feature where we can easily copy allowed videos from one policy to another

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. check if parents have signed up or are using the Parent App

Develop a way to see what parents have signed up for the Parent App and are login in regularly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set up an API or some other scripting interface where we can send csv files to update policies. This would allow us to maintain and manage

Set up an API or some other scripting interface where we can send csv files to update policies. This would allow us to maintain and manage more granular policies with automation instead of logging in and clicking everywhere.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On the "Right Now" section of Dashboard, be able to click on Classrooms and Students

On the GoGuardian Admin page, on the Dashboard, under the "Right Now" section; Make the Classroom and Student options clickable so you can see the active GoGuardian Classrooms and what students are associated with each individual classroom.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Restrict bypass code by user's OU?

Allow admin to specify which OU's can use a bypass code. For example, only staff OU can use the bypass code. So if the password leaks out to kids, no big deal, as they can't use any bypass codes anyways!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Block Youtube while still allowing Safeshare/Safeyoutube

I was under the impression that teachers could block Youtube in a session (or admin could do this) and teachers would still be able to embed videos into sites like Safeshare.tv or Safeyoutube.net and students would be able to view those videos since they had different URL's. I'm told this isn't actually the case. Can this become something that works? I would love to block Youtube for students and have my teachers use these other sites for students to view videos.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Urls on a schedule

We would like to create a schedule and attach urls to that schedule. that way certain urls are only available during certain times.

Example: Create a schedule that would allow meet.google.com only on monday - friday during the hours of 8am to 4pm.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base