GoGuardian Admin

1. See all Locked students from Admin Console

I'd loike to be able to see students that have been locked in a session from the admin console. Occasionally these kids remain locked after a teacher's session has closed they float in limbo until their next active session. We should be able to see locked students from the admin side and be able to unlock them upon request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. checkup.google.com to "fix extension" if not working correctly.

As of now daily chromebook extensions stop responding. Support has only given the solution to powerwash the chromebook, I would greatly appreciate another extension that monitors for this unresponsiveness like checkup.goguardian.com does. If that extension could then tell us in goguardian reports like the theft feature does- the serial number or student on the device (if the extension could not take steps to repair the other extension) would help us so much with troubleshooting!!!! This tool would help keep students safe, right now if that extension fails they can get to websites that are blocked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Disable Youtube filtering overlay for non-blocked, auto-play videos.

Disable the GoGuardian Youtube Filter's overlay for autoplay videos if the video is not blocked.

Our students do IEP testing where the student starts the test, and the program auto runs through all the test Q slides (with youtube videos) and it reads the questions twice then moves to the next.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Smart Alerts: Send email to student when a smart alert is triggered

In addition to chrome notifications, send an email to student about having triggered an alert due to browsing activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Filters-have the ability to clone an already created Policy and add to it

Filters-have the ability to clone an already created Policy and add to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Update how location is determined

Currently the IP range config for "Monitor at school only" depends on network address ranges (generally private networks). Problem is most networks use the same private IP space. So a user on a home network could be using the same IP space as a school. We need a way of determining the users un-NAT'd gateway address because that would always be unique.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Regular Expression

I know that GG supports wildcards (*) in the lists which will help when you're trying to block something like 123Movies who keep changing their TLD (123movies.to, 123movies.co, etc.hahahaha) but, this doesn't seem to help when you need to block something more complex.

For example, we currently added https://sites.google.com/site/subgfyfs/jgghj where a student is using Google Sites to host games and claims it can NEVER be (hahaha). Anyway, I want to be able to design something that will block Flash content on Google Sites.

Using something like sites.google.com/site/*.swf may do the trick, but no documentation seems to indicate that the wildcard…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. recent category

Recent Category Changes for Sites When URL Checked

I spoke with someone at GoGuardian, because I was wondering when a couple of sites had become associated with a certain category. I'm guessing the database GG has for sites incorporates at least a timestamp. I then suggested it might be a good informational feature to integrate that timestamp with the url checker, so if an organization encounters a black or whitelisting on a certain site, they can see if the change was the result of a categorical shift or if something else is happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Consolidate Online Reports

Consolidate reports on a specific student's activity on the online dashboard without having to export. If you can view all activity via export then you should be able to view all activity in one place on the dashboard as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Blacklist/Whitelist screen

The Blacklist/Whitelist screen, in the box where we insert the url, can the box be refreshed to go blank after we have clicked on the submit button? Right now you have to copy and paste over what is there or make sure you delete what is there first.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have the ByPass attempts number more than 100 or have a certain number of days/weeks.

Have the ByPass attempts number more than 100 or have a certain number of days/weeks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give admins a way to flag phrases

It would be great to be able to flag a phrase instead of just a one-word keyword to receive an alert. (i.e. "13 Reasons Why")

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Monitor Digital Certificates

It would very helpful if there was a way to monitor (or inventory) the digital certificate on a Chromebook? Students beat website monitoring by using VPNs that hide their actions. VPNs requires digital certificates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a "Past Student's" option at the top next to Top Users?

I do not need to see users that have graduated or left the school. Please add a feature to move students into a past users section, maybe at the top next to "Top Users"?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Wattpad bypass password

I really wanna use a website that i love but i need a stupid bypass password. does anybody where i can get a password from?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have a link or document to a comprehensive list of categories with brief description and examples of sites in each category

Have a link or document to a comprehensive list of categories with brief description and examples of sites in each category. Much like Palo Altos: (https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/CategoryList.jsp)
    This would make presenting to groups/administration much easier than having to go through the actual Admin Sites page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to message all students or classes at once

I would like the ability to send out announcements or warnings to my all of my students at once. For example I have a bulk of students who are attempting to visit an inappropriate site I want to warn the general population of students as a whole this is unacceptable and may result in consequences. Likewise it would be great to send out positive messages to the whole group. It's often hard to meet with all the students at the same time so if I could send them one message all the same time that would be incredibly helpful. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Usage Reports: How many hours/day-week-mo are CB's logged in (by classroom)?

For administrators who want to know how much Chromebooks are actually being used . . . a flexible report that will show the amount of time a given user or a classroom of users is logged into their account over a day or week or month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give the ability to assign a particular profile to a user account

I've setup my teachers with an account on GGAdmin to be able to Monitor/Filter their students. On the User account you can select which Organizational Unit they have access to, this helps with who they monitor, but.. If they don't have the proper profile selected when whitelisting/blacklisting or blocking a category in Youtube for instance. their change effect everyone that profile is assigned to. Just an added step I'd rather they didn't have to do. If on their account setup we could pick the profile(s) they use it would be great. I would think I've assigned them access to a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow admins to change a students' OU for restrictions

Looking for a way to easily change a student or a staff OU quickly on a mobile platform, since many times I see an inappropriate flag and immediately want to restrict the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Admin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base