GoGuardian Admin

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow admins to change a students' OU for restrictions

Looking for a way to easily change a student or a staff OU quickly on a mobile platform, since many times I see an inappropriate flag and immediately want to restrict the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow administrators to assign a specific to multiple organizational units simultaneously.

When we re-sync our OUs after re-organizing our domain, we have to re-apply our Students profile to each subdomain since it doesn't inherit the policy. Policies should either inherit from the parent OU and allow sub-OU policies to be overridden if necessary, or it should be possible to assign a single policies to multiple OUs at a time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide a public facing list of all of all sites under Black List Category

My School Board has asked what sites are being blocked. I started a chat because I could not find it. I was told there is no public facing list of all sites under Black List Category. It seems like we should have that information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need to have the ability to sort all browsing activity by a single user by date and time.

We need to have the ability to sort all browsing activity by a single user by date and time. Currently your site offers Top Sites under a user's name. Unfortunately, when I tag on the URL link under the user it displays a list of ALL users who accessed the site. This needs to be moved elsewhere as it has not bearing for that specfic use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. All users screen column resize

On the all users screen I would like to be able to resize the columns to show the complete data. For example: On the column SUB-OU I can't see the complete wording. It is getting cut off. This will help me track down what OU the user is in so that i know what grade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Geolocation map, manually refresh feature and filter options

It would be really great to see the exact location of a chromebook on the map using geolocation. You can only zoom in so close not to be able to see all the users. The bubbles on the map in on top of each other. Some how make it a better looking or zoom options.

Secondly, It also provide the list of the devices at the bottom of the map. Can it have a filter option so that we can filter? (i.e. filter currently online chromebook)

Lastly, It would also be great if you add the names of the users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When a site word is flagged on a student account can we get a notification as admin right away?

I'd like to be notified in real time when a students account is flagged, we have small campuses so the issue can be addressed immediately by the appropriate staff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add more granular access for teachers

Add the ability to grant teachers access to certain functions of GoGaurdian not just certain OU's. Specifically giving them access to the youtube filtering section with out them being able see flagged activity and student data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. OU specific policies, in addition to profile policies

When a specialized profile is in use with multiple OUs, and one of those OUs requests a change, we have to weigh the impact on the other OUs versus the issues of managing custom profiles for each OU. Instead, it would be useful to make those specific changes on the OU that requested the change. Similar to additional profiles, except that an OU could use a profile and have their own OU specific profile on top of it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create guidelines for creating a Restricted OU for students.

I have been trying to set up a Restricted OU for a certain group of students. It has been very confusing to know what needs to be done in GG as well as Google. It would be nice to have a comprehensive guide to know what should be done in each program and how they work together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. allow only websites the teacher wants them to go to and push it down to the students

I was told when I purchased this last month a new feature would be available after Jan1. that will allow teacher to select websites and make the students ONLY go to those website.....blocking the internet but with the exception of the websites the teacher wants them to go to. Does this feature exist yet???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic Video Playing for YouTube Playlist

It would be great if after creating a youtube playlist the videos would automatically start the next one rather than having to press play.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. provide a way to track CBs that either are missing GoGuardian

Since you can scan an OU and find the chromebooks registered in that OU to an Organization, it would be nice to help admins find chromebooks that are either missing the GG extension(s) or that perhaps the user is using something to effectively disable GG on their CB. A way to give admins peace of mind that their GG infrastructure is behaving as expected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Summary Snapshot on Dashboard - Allow Us to Compare different time periods to evaluate Professional Development.

Now that we have rolled out chromebooks en masse, I would like to collect longitudinal data comparing usage over a period of time. The summary snapshot on the dashboard is great, but only covers 7 days. It would be nice to report out data comparing different time periods (e.g., comparing one week vs. three weeks prior) to evaluate use of devices and impact of Professional Development. This would help justify the PD we are offering and the expense of the technology.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  cody responded

Have you tried GoGuardian Director? This is a free tool that shows educational app usage over time which was designed specifically to help analyze chromebook usage and PD recommendations.

16. autofill

Instead of typing the full email into the system why can't we do a auto-fill option would be a nice time-saver! We already uploaded the roster you would think it should be easy just to autofill like

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a warning when attempting to Import OU and the root OU is deselected...

Since continue with the import without the root OU results in no sub-OUs being imported/selectable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. search terms for google.com.au

Fix the bug whereby australian schools can't generate a report for search terms for google.com.au

It is a major functionality and we're missing out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

launched  ·  cody responded

Thanks for the request. This has now been implemented, as well as for .co.uk and .ca.

19. Fix the Enable button

When we want to disable a teacher's account, we click Disable. That works.

When we want to enable a teacher's disabled account, we click Enable. That does nothing. Instead we have to edit the account, enable domains they should have access to (even though this does nothing unless they have GG Admin which in most cases our teachers don't) and then uncheck the disabled check box and save.

So why does the Enable button exist if it does nothing? Why are domain settings stripped when the user is disabled? Why not leave them checked so the Enable button can work?…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)