GoGuardian Teacher

1. allow teachers to mirror their screen onto their students screens

I want to be able to send my google slides, website, powerpoint, etc to the students' screens! Please add this!

1,462 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teacher Control of Screen

Teacher Control of Screen

Need to create a feature that allows teachers to control students screens other than just closing tabs. Similar to the feature in the program iTalc.

1,173 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Tyler Shaddix responded

We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the connection between teachers and their students, and this idea seems like a great way to do that!

We will look into the feasibility of this idea (technically) and get back to you.

3. Allow teachers to mute Chromebooks

If students are using an app that makes sound, it would be helpful to have an option to mute their Chromebooks so that the rest of the class isn't disrupted.

1,059 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set a timer to automatically lock student screens after a certain time.

I often set a timer for my students in class then manually lock their screens to bring back their attention.

I would LOVE if I could set a timer on their screen that would countdown for them and then automatically lock when time is up. This feature is available on tools like Pear Deck and has been very helpful.

810 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow teachers to send custom commmands

I would like to be able to send customized commands to my students. It would help to not only send the command to close tab but also redirect them to what they should be doing.

464 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Block students from the chat feature.

The chat feature is nice, but occasionally it is getting misused. I would like to see the teacher be able to disable chat and also be able to "mute" students who misuse chat.

334 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add the ability for a teacher to see if a website is available under a specific policy

When teachers are preparing a lesson plan it would be very useful for them to be able to test and see if a url is available for their students.
    We have teachers getting caught out in a lesson because they have chosen a website as a resource and it is actually blocked for their students.
    If teachers could check ahead of time it would save embarrassment in the classroom and mean that appropriate resources are being given to students first go.

199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow teachers to whitelist a site during a session.

Sometimes a teacher may need a site unblocked for a particular group. This allowance during a session would accommodate that happening and make it readily available to the teacher instead of waiting for an administrator to unblock the site.

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. easily create temporary classes. For example, have 4 students working after school (currently in different sections).

I want to be able to easily create temporary classes. For example, have 4 students working after school (currently in different sections), I want to be able to view all of their screens at the same time without altering current sections or creating a whole new class.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Tyler Shaddix responded

I’d love to hear more about your use case. Do these students change from day to day?

10. Delete apps and extensions

Allow teachers to delete apps and extensions that are not used for educational purposes (games, etc.).

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Administrator SU overlook

Is there an administrator side of this so we could monitor all students rather then a teacher side that the students need to be present to add the enrollment code. Possibly be able to add the students by email address or a SU like the GoGuardian side of things. That would be great

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How about a PC or windows application?

Goguardin seems to be working pretty well on the Chromebooks... How about a PC or windows application? We would probably drop Lanschool for this program!

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Generate report of websites visited at the end of each session. I'd love to be able to click on a suspect site and see who was off task.

It is cumbersome to review past sessions at the end of the day to see who was off task or looking up answers during a test. A generated report would let me know if there were any red flags that I needed to go back and examine. When you have over 100 students it would save tons of time!

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this amazing suggestion. We recently released a feature called Off-Task Alerts, which helps you easily identify students that are on/off-task. Although this release doesn’t completely address your suggestion, we’d love to walk you through the feature and discuss how your suggestion may extend or improve what we built to make it even better.

Please feel free to respond to this message or email me directly at eoh@goguardian.com so we can set up a time to chat.

Looking forward to it!

Best,
    Elaine

14. make adding students to a class as easy as it is to add teachers or helpers!

(Enter the first few letters of a student's name and a drop-down list of suggestions appears.)

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. allow a countdown timer as a warning before we close a tab. Let's help our students make the right choices.

If a warning with a countdown popped up on their screens, they could choose to close it before I do. If they don't, the site is locked and added to the blacklist.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The ability to type a specific time in the timeline.Then, the timeline will scroll back to that time without having to keep to click arrows.

The ability to type a specific time in the timeline.Then, the timeline will scroll back to that time without having to keep to click the forward and back arrows constantly to get back to the right place.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. allow more than 115 students for a "classroom."

I am a librarian and media technician in a middle school. ALL students in the school have access to the library and media lab. It would be more successful to have the entire school directory to be uploaded to GoGuardian so that when students log in they automatically are monitored, rather than having to rely on students to log in with an enrollment code. If students do not want to be monitored, they simply do not sign in to Go Guardian. I would love to have students pop up on my screen as they log in to the media lab…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  matt responded

Thanks for the idea! Classroom size is something we are going to evaluate shortly. In order to accommodate larger lab settings we need to measure how we connect students to your classroom sessions to properly take care of your networks.

Please feel free to leave more comments here so we can better understand what you need!

18. Extension

Create an extension to allows teachers to quickly access the teacher dashboard!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Time changes for scheduling

I've noticed that when the time changed both times this school year (once for Central Standard, once for Daylight Savings) that it messed the schedules up. I had to go in and reset them both times.
    This isn't a major inconvenience, as it only happens twice a year, but it would be nice if the schedules wouldn't change so I could just set them once.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Upon further review, this seemed to impact your specific organization and we are working on a fix as we speak.

One of our technical support team members will be in touch shortly with next steps. This should be a permanent fix and you should not have any issues the next time we go through a time change.

Thank you again,

- Nickelle GoGuardian Teacher Product Manager

20. Automatically Generate Class Rosters via IMS Global OneRoster

IMS Global OneRoster is THE standard for all educational software products to follow for rostering. The ability to automatically roster students for teachers in GoGuardian would be a big step forward. Furthermore, I'd love to see GoGuardian become actively involved in IMS standards development.
    Read more: https://www.imsglobal.org/activity/onerosterlis

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher