GoGuardian Teacher

1. change the labels for students in the session summaries.

Space cadet is insulting and not how a teacher should refer to a student. Free spirit isn't a great description of a student who is off-task, either. A more straightforward label would be better. These are children you are talking about.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed & closed  ·  matt responded

Thanks Sarah, we agree that we should let teachers decide what the browsing trends mean rather than applying labels ourselves. You’ll notice the section titles have been removed.

2. Users should get unlimited votes.

Limiting us to 9 votes is like telling your customer base that you don't expect there to be more than 9 good ideas. A good idea is a good idea and you should try to incorporate as many good ideas as possible to improve your product. Will some people abuse unlimited votes? Probably. But I'm sure you have the ability to tell if that is happening or not. Most people value their own time and will vote only for the ones they want. Keep the 1, 2, and 3 votes, though. I like the idea of being able to communicate…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Timeline extension

Make Timelines accessible for longer. A lot of teacher's don't have time right after a session has ended to check things over. After a few minutes, Timeline information is no longer accessible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Chris,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. The timeline for a class session is available many months after your session is over, I’d be happy to show you how to access timelines from old class sessions. Please feel free to email me, kbehan@goguardian.com, and I can walk you through it.

Thank you for the suggestion!
    KB

5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the Classroom title to the Classroom management page.

When trying to manage classroom setup options, you cannot tell which class you are currently editing?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. We’re actually making this change tonight, great suggestion. When you click into a classroom, you should now see the classroom title in the top left corner.

Thank you for the great idea!
    KB

7. Kudos to your new Scenes addition

I tried your new Scenes feature that allows teachers to block all websites except the ones they want students to use. It's awesome!!! It works great!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There is a clearer way to return to the sessions screen where you can see what the students are working on.

When I go to update a scene, I'd like an easy way to return to the sessions page where I can clearly see what each student is working on. When I press on the left hand side options, you have to scroll to the top to get to the sessions screen. I would like there to be a direct option to click on sessions and go directly to the students' screens.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. Anytime you start a new class session, a green dot with the class name next to it will appear at the top of GoGuardian Teacher. You’l be able to see this green dot from any page in GoGuardian Teacher and if you click it, it will take you right back to the students’ screens — I hope this helps!

KB

9. Toggle to teacher from Admin Panel

Add the toggle for Administrator view back to teacher view, just like what already exists on the teacher side of things

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Relying on students to self enroll is a big flaw in this system.

There needs to be a way to enroll students, for those of us that do not use google classroom, without relying on them to join themselves. I can't tell you the hours I've wasted following up on kids who have yet to enroll...sending threating emails, calling home, etc. Please come up with a way to make this easier on us!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Jennifer,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. I’m sorry about the hours you’ve wasted, but I really appreciate your patience and thank you for sticking with us.

There are a couple of ways you can add students instead of having them enroll themselves. Please feel free to email me, kbehan@goguardian.com, and I can walk you through it.

KB

13. Add navigation bar at bottom of the screen when in Timeline view

When in timeline view, I'd like to see a navigation bar at the bottom of the screen so I can go back and forward while looking at students whose names are at the end of the alphabet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. As of about a month ago, the timeline controls, like zoom in and out and the time stamps, will stick to the top of the page when you scroll down so you can easily access them, even for students at the end of the alphabet.

KB

14. Multiple messages

Is there a way to message an entire class. I am unable to be in my classroom today so I am messaging individuals who are not where they are supposed to be!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give admins permission to see active sessions by teacher

We are having trouble with teachers not archiving auto start sessions when classes change each quarter. This causes students that are no longer in those classes to not be able to get to the sites they need in a new class. We have to look at the students prior schedule and contact each teacher to see which one has the auto start session.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. With the new “Log in As” feature on manage.goguardian.com, super users can log in as teachers and troubleshoot sessions and class settings.

I hope this helps, if what I said above doesn’t address your suggestion, please let me know.

KB

16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dan!

You can currently lock all students by navigating to the live classroom session page and checking the box labeled “select students”. Next, a command bar will pop up at the bottom of the screen with the option to “lock device” for all students. Please note you still have the option to lock device for each individual student by clicking on the student card.

If you have any questions or would like me to walk you through the process, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best,
    Elaine

17. Publish steps to disabling goguardian on devices with admin access

My son used my mac computer and now GoGuardian has spread like a virus and prevents me from visiting the most innocuous sites. I cannot find an easy way to remove your software from my private devices

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We need a quick macro, keystroke or tool bar...for quick functions

Our Teachers really need a quick way to lock all screens with a text message "look up the board" etc...

Without the need to go to the GoGuardian Website...
    It would be nice to have like 4 to 6 macro functions that could be a keystroke or small toolbar so the teacher can be on their lesson with needing to go the Go Guardian Webpage for these actions.

Cheers,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for this suggestion! We took this into careful consideration when recently updating the commands feature (this includes lock/unlock, open tab, and exclude student). Now, the commands will stay locked to the bottom of the screen so that you can quickly perform these actions. Further, you will have the option to send a message prior to performing the lock device command for your selected student(s).

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Kind Regards,
    Elaine

19. Scheduling is great but my classes don't go every 10 minutes. I would like to get it to the minute.

Please allow for the minutes to be changed one at a time instead of every ten.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Taking away the ability to sync your class with google makes using GoGuardian a much more time consuming and difficult

Taking away the ability to sync your class with google makes using GoGuardian a much more time consuming and difficult

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello David,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher, I’m sorry that we’ve frustrated you. You should still be able to sync your class with Google Classroom, we have no intention of taking that amazing feature away from our Teachers. Please feel free to email me, kbehan@goguardian.com, if you’re still having problems.

KB

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base