GoGuardian Teacher

1. Open up the time fields to be typed, rather than select from scroll down

In Classroom, Settings, Sessions, it would be a lot easier to type the time values, rather than select them from the scroll-down list.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. When starting a class session, you’re able to specify a custom end time before starting the session, I’ve attached a screenshot of where this feature is located. In the custom time field, you are able to type in the time (this applies to scheduled sessions as well).

Let me know if you need anything else.

Keep the great suggestions rolling!
    KB

2. Allow us to drop students from a class that have withdrawn.

I have several students that have drop from the school or have switched classes and I can seem to remove them from the class. I would like to be able to drop students as easily as add them.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it visible to other teachers when there is a "scene" already going on in a classroom.

There are three teachers in my classroom. I'd like to be able to see what scenes my co-teacher has set for our classroom while I'm monitoring the class online.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove absent students

I would love to be able to remove absent students from an active class session. I don't like seeing what they are doing at home, it seems to be a violation of their privacy. So I'd love to be able to remove just one student from a session.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Lynette! There are two ways you can accomplish this right now:

1. When you go to start a classroom session, you can click on the link “Want to exclude students?” below the time limit selector. You can then click on the students you want to remove before starting the session.

2. If a session is already started, you can “archive” a student to stop monitoring/controlling them. You can click on the “students” section at the top of the active session page (the part with the 3 colored dots) and then click the “x” next to each student to archive them.

5. allow teachers to minimize/close out of the screen of an absent student

When a student is absent, they are still listed on the screen but nothing shows as they aren't logged in. It would be great if we could minimize/close the screen of a student who isn't here.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. It makes perfect sense that you’d want to close out of a student’s screen and prevent them from taking up space if they’re not actually in class. We have something called the “Exclude” command that should make this easy to accomplish. Here’s a support article on how to use it: https://help.goguardian.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005738246-Commands-Exclude-and-Include-Student.

Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do for you.

Thank you for the suggestion!
    KB

6. Horizontal and Vertical Scrolling on Timeline

Please make it so we can scroll through a student's history on the Timeline page, even if the student is further down. Right now, the only place you can scroll horizontally is at the top of the page. If I want to see a student's history who is further down the page, I have to keep scrolling up, then sideways, then back down, then up, sideways, then back down, repeatedly.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change Color on the Block Page Black on gray is hard to read.

The block page is too hard to see. Yellow with large black font would be great.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Baster,

Thank you for the suggestion! We have made some improvements to the block page so that the text is easier to read. If you want to see exactly what this looks like, I’ve attached a screenshot to this email.

Let us know anything else we can do for you!

Thank you,
    Elaine

8. allow for comments on the small lock button that was just added.

If the small lock button is clicked you cannot type a message. In order to type a message to their screen you have to go to the top, click lock, then you can type a message. I think you should be able to do it from both places.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cever

Sync rosters with Clever

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow co teachers to monitor the same class.

Cotaught classes have two teachers working in them. Both should be able to monitor the class and provide feedback.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a global/domain wide/enterprise wide quick exception list for Scenes in GoGuardian Teacher

More Admin management for GoGuardian Teachers. Including global quick exception lists for Scenes in GoGuardian Teacher.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After sending a command uncheck the boxes.

I would like to see after I send a command to one or more students that the checkbox is reset. I see myself all the time sending a lock screen to one student then later down the road I want to lock another student but the first student gets locked along with the second because I did not manually scroll down to their name and uncheck.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Paul and Covington,

Thank you for the suggestion! We have taken your feedback into consideration and made the following changes: once you select which student(s) to lock devices, the checkbox will reset. In addition, the lock/unlock commands will stay locked to the bottom of the screen so that you don’t have to scroll as much to select students.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Best,
    Elaine

13. how did it go? window

The how did it go button asks for feedback from positive to negative (From left to right). Any other scale I have seen asks for negative to positive. Is it possible to get this switched so that I don't end up having to say things went poorly by accident?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow teachers to refresh if a screen is stuck and does not change, or if a student is not showing up as being on a computer when they are.

When viewing the class session and a screen of a student locks and will not show what they are actually doing, give the teacher access to refresh the screen so that they can update it to actual time and unfreeze the students screen.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can I set up alerts that notify me when the students are in an unauthorized website?

Can I set up alerts that notify me when the students are in an unauthorized website?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you for this amazing suggestion. We took this into careful consideration when updating our features to help you easily identify students that are off-task.

To access this feature, simply start a class session and perform the following steps:
    1. Towards the top right of your screen, turn on “Off-Task Alerts”.
    2. Students who are off-task will be highlighted yellow.

When a student goes to a website that you would like to be notified about, click the student screen and select the “Always” option from the dropdown. If you want to see exactly what this looks like, I’ve attached a screenshot to this email.

Please note the feature is currently only available for English, History/Social Science, Math, Science subjects. The goal is to make sure the alerts we provide are reliable and accurate for the subjects with the most classes first, and eventually cover more subjects.

For additional information…

16. Scenes is a great addition.

Testing issues are solved on electronic devices. Also adds focus for teacher directed lessons.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Screen Selection Refining

When selecting student screens (with the individualized checkbox), I'd like to see at the top how many screens I have selected at any given time. I've had times where I selected a student, opened a tab on their screen, and forgot to go and individually uncheck them, so that when I interact with another student, I accidentally lock/unlock or open a tab on more devices than I intended. That, or make the system automatically de-select a screen once an action has been commanded and executed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ashtony,

Thank you for the suggestion! We have updated the commands feature such that the system will now automatically uncheck a student once the action has been performed.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you,
    Elaine

18. Please allow the students screens to be enlarged

I'm trying to figure out what a student is doing but I can't make out the words on the website. Can you please make a way to enlarge a students screen. When I click the 2 arrows to increase the page on my screen, all it does is make the page extend the black sides and keeps the actual screen the same size.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you for this amazing suggestion. We took this into careful consideration when updating our features to help you easily identify students that are off-task.

To access this feature, simply perform the following steps:
    1. Start a class session.
    2. Towards the top right of your screen, turn on “Off-Task Alerts”.

Students who are off-task will be highlighted yellow. When a student goes to a website that you would like to be notified about, click the student screen and select the “Always” option from the dropdown. If you want to see exactly what this looks like, I’ve attached a screenshot to this email.

Please note the feature is currently only available for English, History/Social Science, Math, and Science subjects. The goal is to make sure the alerts we provide are reliable and accurate for the subjects with the most classes first, and eventually cover more subjects.

For additional information…

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base