GoGuardian Teacher

1. Add navigational arrows on bottom of timeline page...

...as well as the top, because otherwise every time we want to see a different 2-3 minute chunk of time for the student who are at the bottom of the list, we have to scroll up to the top, use the arrows, and then scroll back to the bottom.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. arrange student list by "most suspicious websites"--top of list would be students that are on least-academic sites

Rather than have all students listed alphabetically, have the top of the list be students with suspicious websites open. For example, a kid with the NHL scores up would be at the top of my list, but a kid on Quizlet would be at the bottom of the list.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this amazing suggestion. We took this into careful consideration when developing Off-Task Alerts, which will help you easily identify students that require close monitoring.

To access this feature, simply perform the following steps:
    1. Start a class session.
    2. Towards the top right of your screen, turn on “Off-Task Alerts”.

Students who are off-task will be highlighted yellow. You will also be able to see which student has been off-task and the corresponding duration at the bottom of the classroom session view. In addition, when a student goes to a website that you would like to be notified about, click the student screen and select the “Always” option from the dropdown. If you want to see exactly what this looks like, I’ve attached a screenshot to this email.

Please note the feature is currently only available for English, History/Social Science, Math, and Science subjects. The goal…

3. allow sorting by connectivity status (green, orange, gray)

Would be nice to be able to sort by connectivity status. For example, i have a class where I want to see only those machines that are open and on.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sync rosters with Clever

Would be a great feature to sync classrooms in GoGuardian for Teachers via Clever.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Account switching from admin mode

If I'm in teacher mode I can easily switch to admin mode. But if I'm in admin mode there is no way to switch back to teacher mode other than to hit that back button a bunch of times.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Faster polling of the screens

Faster polling of the screens, as close to real time as possible. Seems to be some lag.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released an update to speed up screen refresh times. Screens should update about once every second. Student chromebooks will need to update (automatic).

8. Chat auto-focuses text field for new message.

Currently, to chat with a student the teacher must click the student's name, then click the text field before they can begin typing.

Instead, when a teacher clicks on a students name, the cursor should automatically focus the text entry field. So that only one click is needed before typing.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. We just recently added this to the product, thank you for the great suggestion. When you click a student’s name in the chat feature, the input for text will now be auto-focused so you don’t have to click it.

Thank you for the great idea!
    KB

9. Student Enrollment

Be able to set up a class as a teacher with the students in your network without needing the students to enter an enrollment code or accepting an invitation via email.

For instance, As the teacher I can enter each students email and enroll them to my roster without the student taking any action. I then can add/remove a student as needed without taking classroom instruction time away.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello ,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. There are two ways you can add students to your class without having them approve or manually enroll (as long as they have an email for your school/district). You can add them by email or upload a CSV, which is outlined here: https://help.goguardian.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005704646-Enroll-Students.

Please let me know if this addressed your concern.

Thank you for the suggestion!
    KB

10. See blocked site that student tried to visit

I would love to be able to see what sites a student is trying to visit when the site is blocked. It only shows up that the student tried to view a blocked site but it doesn't say what specific site.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. As of about a month ago, you should now see the website a student tried to go to when they were blocked by a scene.

Let me know if you have any questions and thank you for the suggestion!

Best,
    KB

11. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. If you created the classroom in GoGuardian, then you can go to the students tab during a live class session and add them and their screens should appear. You should no longer have to stop the session and restart it to see those students in your live class session.

If you need help with this or are experiencing otherwise, please reply to this email and let me know.

KB

12. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow the teacher to select a specific time to end a session.

With the new "Scenes" feature, there could be overlap between the end of one class and the start of the next. If students are using their computers right at the start of class, they may be restricted to the websites their previous teacher allowed.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. When starting a class session, you’re able to specify a custom end time before starting the session, I’ve attached a screenshot of where this feature is located. This will allow you to be as specific as you need to be.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Keep the great suggestions rolling!
    KB

14. allow for a mass message to all of the students.

Sometimes I have messages that I want to give to all of my students. Instead of having to go to each of their names individually, it would be nice to just click a "send all" type button to get everyone the message.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. As Lisa mentioned in the comments, once you have the chat box open, just click the announcement horn in the top right corner and you can send a message to all students. Let me know if you need any help!

KB

15. Allow customization of the colors of text (and scenes) and menu bars. I have an extremely hard time seeing the gray and blue.

Please allow color "themes" that we can adjust when using the GO Guardian website. I have a very hard time reading the gray and blue currently on the website. When looking in the list for my classes or which scenes to apply, I find myself squinting even more than I usually do! :) Thanks for the consideration!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. I’m marking this as complete because I think we may have addressed this problem, but please correct me if I’m wrong. We redesigned the product and used a darker blue to increase the contrast in many places on our GoGuardian website — this should make it much easier on your eyes, I’m so sorry about before.

KB

16. Ability to Delete Scenes

As an ITRT, I demonstrate multiple times how to create scenes. So I have accumulated lots of scenes! As admins, we need to be able to delete our demo scenes. Teachers should be able to archive or delete scenes as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Scrolling

On the screens view, move the scroll lock position down below Timeline, Screens, Commands, etc. instead of a the top under the class name.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jason,

First of all, this is an amazing suggestion, we took this into careful consideration when recently updating the commands feature (this includes lock/unlock). Now, the lock/unlock commands will stay locked to the bottom of the screen so that you don’t have to scroll as much to select students.

I hope you didn’t have to scroll too much through this email. Let me know if there’s anything else we can do for you!

Thank you,
    Elaine

18. Custom End Time Adjustment

When putting in our custom end times, could you make the hour and minute boxes "typeable" meaning we can type in the numbers instead of scrolling through

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. The custom times are displayed as a dropdown, but you are able to type in a custom end time as well.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Keep the great suggestions rolling!
    KB

19. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow teachers to edit the name of the classroom when imported from Google Classroom. I am a special area computer teacher. In Google

I am a special area computer teacher. In Google Classroom, on the main title line I type Computer Technology and then on the secondary line, I type the homeroom teacher's name. When I add Google Classrooms in this system, it only brings over the Computer Technology title. I will not be able to tell which class is which because they will all display as Computer Technology. This now is useless for me unless I can edit the display names of my classes in GoGuardian once imported from Google Classroom.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. It makes perfect sense why you’d want to rename a Google Classroom. You can edit a Google Classroom’s name in GoGuardian by clicking on the class and going to the settings tab.

Please feel free to email me, kbehan@goguardian.com, and I can walk you through it.

KB

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base