GoGuardian Teacher

1. Some Visual way to see what classes are active

As the IT Manager I have to have myself added as an owner to all of the classes. Therefore the My Classrooms view is really full. I would like the Icons to have some visual way of telling me what classes are active. I know there is the drop down list at the upper right, but at any given time I may have 28 classes in that list

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sing in with Google

Automatic single sign-on with a Google-account.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display a list (in list form) of sites visited by a student (instead of in Timeline)

The timeline for each student is not user-friendly from the teacher perspective. It would be great to be able to click on a student's name after a session and just have a bulleted list of the sites visited by the student! Much more useful than having to scroll backwards through Timelines and look at icons

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher, I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend.

By going to our “Student Reports” feature, you can look up a class and a specific student in that class and see a list of websites they visited for a range of dates. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help accessing this.

Thank you for the suggestion!
    KB

4. "When will this class be over?" should allow for custom input.

"When will this class be over?" should allow for custom input. 45 minutes may not be long enough while 1 hour may be too long. The students may be in a different class by then.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. be able to exclude students after the session has begun.

I want to be able to exclude students after the session has begun. I start the session before the students are in class., so I do not know who is absent at the time I start. As they are absent, I don't want to look at the screen.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. You can use the “exclude” command during a class session to accomplish this. Look for the three dot icon in the top right corner of a student’s screen/tile, click it, and then click “exclude”. You can also just click on the student’s screen and the “exclude student” button will be available there as well.

Please let me know if you need any help! (kbehan@goguardian.com).

KB

6. make the navigation bar in timeline view follow down the page

When I'm looking through my classes, I have to constantly scroll back up and then back down to move through the timeline. Would it be possible to have the navigation bar (to scroll left or right through the timeline) follow down the page as I scroll down...maybe anchor at the top so I don't have to keep scrolling up and down.
    Thanks.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Block websites only during class.

Some websites are ok for free time, but it would be great to block them when the students should focus

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow excluded student to be added back into an active session should they return.

If a student leaves a class session for half the period and then returns after I have excluded him/her I would like to be able to add them back into the session.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Daylight Savings Issue?

Class times should automatically account for Daylight Savings Time. I have to go through and reschedule all of my classes now because they're an hour off for some reason.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  matt responded

Thanks for letting us know about the Daylight Savings issues – we noticed them as well and implemented a fix immediately. Our scheduling system now properly adjusts according to each time zone.

Matt

10. Archive individual students

I have students leave the class/school and then return. If we're tracking history we should be able to archive/reactivate them.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to Enable Chromebook Notifications for Students In an Active Classroom Session

Having the option to enable Chromebook side notifications so that students will know when they are being viewed in an active GoGuardian for Teachers session.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think that there needs to just be a straight stop session button. Not have to enter in a time.

I think that there needs to just be a straight stop session button. Not have to enter in a time.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Find a way to freeze the top frame in the Timeline view so it is easier to move forward and back in a time frame. Hard to see students below

When a student(s) are down below the first screen, to view a later or earlier time on the timeline, you have to scroll back up to the top of the page to move the timeline and guess about before scrolling back down to the student. If the top menu bar was frozen to show at all times no matter how far down you scroll, that would be very handy and helpful.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Lock Down Completely

Lock down seems to work on new windows and tabs, but existing windows and tabs still seem to function. Is there a way to lock down a computer entirely so that they have no access at all until a teacher releases it (unlocks the screen)?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you for this great suggestion! We took careful consideration when recently updating the commands feature (this includes lock/unlock). Now, when a teacher locks a student’s screen, the student(s) will no longer be able to browse previously opened windows and tabs until the teacher decides to unlock the device(s).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Kind Regards,
    Elaine

16. Be able to create and modify scene quicklists for an organization.

The quicklists are handy but some of the existing quicklists are incorrect for my organization and it would be nice to be able to "deploy" my own lists as an admin to all of my teachers.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Session/Scene Override

Has anyone come up with a way to eliminate session/scene overlaps? Right now, whatever the last scene put in place, be it starting a session or toggling a scene on and off, will take precedence. Even when a teacher starts a session with "no scene" in place, it will take over and "remove" the last scene in place.

This becomes a problem for our school as we run a day-long session for students with multiple chromebook/internet infractions, but when a classroom teacher turns on GoGuardian they are allowed to use YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc. to continue their trend of poor…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. We released something we call “Scene Statuses” about 4 months ago that displays a little icon on a student’s screen when they are in another Teacher’s scene (if you hover over the icon, it also displays the Teacher’s name). You also get a yellow pop-up with a “remove” button that allows you to quickly remove all of the scenes applied to your students if they are stuck in another Teacher’s scene while you’re running a class session.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

KB

18. When a scene is applied, show the scene name on the applied scene in the session.

When a scene is applied, show the scene name on the applied scene in the session.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. If you have a scene turned on for a class session, then you should see a button with the text “Scene Status” followed by the name of the scene.

Please let me know if you were asking for something else.

Kind regards,
    KB

19. Custom session times

Our school doesn't have common times for classes so the standard session times don't work well, of course we can just extend the session time after its started. It just adds an extra step to the process of starting a session.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. When starting a class session, you’re able to specify a custom end time before starting the session, I’ve attached a screenshot of where this feature is located.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Keep the great suggestions rolling!
    KB

20. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?