GoGuardian Teacher

1. Scrolling without the lock/unlock options moving

Scrolling without the lock/unlock options tool bar moving. With larger classes I have to scroll down to check a specific students name and then scroll back up to the top to lock and send message or to unlock. Would be convenient if that whole tool bar would be separate from student screens and able to access at all times.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

First of all, this is an amazing suggestion, we took this into careful consideration when recently updating the commands feature (this includes lock/unlock). Now, the lock/unlock commands will stay locked to the bottom of the screen so that you don’t have to scroll as much to select students.

I hope you didn’t have to scroll too much through this email :) Let me know if there’s anything else we can do for you!

Best,
    KB

2. Lock screen message

While locking a student's screen, the screen turns black with no message. There should be some sort of message telling the student the computer is being locked by the teacher.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Student import by email address.

There should be a way to import students into a class from a csv or other file.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re good to go! You can now import students by CSV or by entering email addresses! Just click the “Add Students” button in your classroom’s student list to see the two new import options.

6. Coteaching

Allow multiple teachers to view a single session in coteaching situations.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. make it so that we can add a "scene" to the regularly scheduled sessions

I created the scene so that it would block certain sites that my district has been unable to block. It would be great to have that scene automatically applied to the scheduled sessions for a class.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. As some of the Teacher’s have mentioned, you can add a “default scene” to a scheduled class so that your scene is automatically applied to that class every time it starts.

If you need any help with this, please feel free to email me: kbehan@goguardian.com.

Thank you for the suggestion!
    KB

8. Allow for site and district admin to see activity in GG for Teachers

principals and district admin want to measure use of GGforT

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to Close Tabs from Timeline View

It would be helpful to have the ability to close student tabs from the timeline view instead of having to switch to the screen view.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shared Exception Lists

Can GoGuardian develop something for admins or teachers be able to share exceptions list? It is has become tougher for my teachers to make lists when using the Block mode to ensure all our applications are allowed through. It would be efficient and beneficial for all schools dealing with this. Thanks!

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. Super users have the ability to create exception lists that go out to all teachers in that organization. This feature is located in manage.goguardian.com (I’ve also attached a screenshot).

Please continue to post amazing suggestions like this one.

Thank you!
    KB

11. option to add a scene to class schedules

I would like to be able to work in an automatically applied scene to a scheduled session.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. You can make it so that a scene starts for a scheduled session by making it the “default scene” for a class. Click on the class “settings” icon for one of your classes and you’ll find the “default scene” located there (I’ve attached a screenshot as well).

Please let me know if you need any help.

KB

12. need a way to delete a session

sometimes you create a session, you make a mistake and need to delet it and start over

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom Time limits

My classes are 85 minutes and 42 minutes.. It would be great to create custom time limits... We also in my area have many school delays due to weather. Custom times would be a great feature.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. When starting a class session, you’re able to specify a custom end time before starting the session, I’ve attached a screenshot of where this feature is located.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Keep the great suggestions rolling!
    KB

14. Message signal

Just like Google Hangouts, have a signal on the tab bar that a message has been sent from a student so that if I am working in another tab, I am aware that a student has sent me a message.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. As of about 4:00 PM (PST) today, you will receive chat notifications in the browser tab, just like google hangouts, when students send you a chat. You’ll be able to see this notification when you’re not actively in GoGuardian Teacher.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Keep the good suggestions coming!
    KB

15. Give site teachers the ability to override other teachers' scenes.

I have GoGuardian set up for each period at their regular schedule. When we have minimum days or rally schedules, the schedules are not aligned and sometimes this impacts other teachers since they cannot override it. Would love to have a eacher override feature!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. When you have overlapping classes and another Teacher has applied a scene to students in your session, a yellow banner will pop-up at the top of your class that allows you to quickly remove their scene or apply yours.

KB

16. In addition to chat feature, add ability to send a broadcast message to entire class.

Since many of my students are using Khan Academy and other sites with video lectures requiring head phones, being able to broadcast a message that shows up on the screens of everyone in the class would be helpful

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. As Tyler mentioned in the comments, you are able to go to the “Students” tab on a classroom and click the “Remove” button. If you are using a Google Classroom or a Clever or Classlink classroom, you’ll need to remove the student from their website and then it will be removed from GoGuardian.

Please feel free to email me if you need help (kbehan@goguardian.com).

KB

18. Turn off audio when screen is locked

it would be great if audio turned off when i lock screens so that we dont hear videos playing.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a lock button on each student's icon for easy lock-down and auto unlock

Also have a temporary lock option- so that way you don't have to go back and unlock it. Maybe it locks for 15 sec. with your message and then it automatically unlocks.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the ability of a teacher to control student tab settings

I have students that have figured out how to change their settings on their device to where it will ask them if they want to close a tab. When I close them out of a game or website they should not be on they are asked for permission to close. As a result, they select no and are able to continue with that tab. Can teachers have a way to control this setting on their device?

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently pushed an update that should fix this issue. The new version will continually attempt to close the tab until we confirm it is closed. If the student clicks “no”, it will reattempt every couple seconds until the student accepts.

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base