How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

Individual Student Browsing Report - total and average time spent on visited sites

Student reports would provide our teachers with valuable information to better equip them with data about how their students use their class time while working on their devices. Teachers would use these reports as evidence to their arguments about their students' performance in IEP meetings, parent conferences, and while sharing concerns with the administration. Moreover, such statements would enable teachers to spot trends and create better intervention plans.

1,488 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kirk Wenck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Traci Haise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful if a teacher has a substitute and the teacher needs to address an issue that occurred while he or she was out.

• Joan Downen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please!! It takes forever to compile this info from the timeline to prove to the argumentative student that I'm not as uninformed as they would like me to be.

• Sabrina Lovell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I love the circle graphs that come after each period, but if I could click on the game or website and see which student(s) was on that specific thing, it would be so helpful.

• Ilyse Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

t would be great if I could access student histories directly from the website, instead of having to find the report emails. A drop down or selection of dates to be able to see something on a particular date or to make it easier to spot a pattern in their behavior.

• Peter Scofield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a student is continually off-task through many class sessions, the teacher can easily see the trend, document it, and share their concerns with the student, their parents, and administration

• Steve DiBona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any way to print student timelines. The digital form is extremely cumbersome.

• Heather LaDuca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to print out a cumulative history report - what tabs were accessed and how long they were on each tab (printer friendly).

• Beth Feaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some kind of report would be wonderful. When discussing an infraction with a parent, often evidence is needed without showing other students. I would use this feature tomorrow if I could as my class was found wandering off their assignment when I had a sub this afternoon! I was in an in service but had go guardian open...boy were they surprised when I had admin walk in my class!

• Jennifer Voellinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new summary emails are great! It would be even better if there was a summary circle graph by student, or if I could click on the parts of the circle graph that show activity I did not approve (games, google, etc) to see which students accessed those sites. I don't watch the timelines or screens 100% of the time, and scrolling back through the timeline later is a little clunky. They don't all fit on my screen at once so I end up scrolling up and down to see the whole class, and if I zoom out to see all the timelines I can't see the small places where they hopped off of our math site to access a calculator for a quick second.

• Michael Rockwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to click on a student's timeline of activity and send it as a file to a school administrator or parent.

• Bethany Kerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful for me. It is difficult to scroll through the timeline even when zoomed all the way out and impossible to print.

• Christian MacInnis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now we can look back at the timelines of students in a session, but it would be nice to export that data if you needed to show a student how they were using their time and how much time was spent on other windows.

Feedback and Knowledge Base