I suggest you ...

Individual Student Browsing Report - total and average time spent on visited sites

Student reports would provide our teachers with valuable information to better equip them with data about how their students use their class time while working on their devices. Teachers would use these reports as evidence to their arguments about their students' performance in IEP meetings, parent conferences, and while sharing concerns with the administration. Moreover, such statements would enable teachers to spot trends and create better intervention plans.

1,257 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kirk Wenck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christine Flanagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be awesome if we could integrate this with our LMS, Canvas and students would only be able to see their "Top Sites" Page; the pie chart. This could help with reflecting upon how they are using their school devices.

• Debra Tiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to share a report of a student's activity with parents to show just how much time this student is on sites and not attending to instruction.

• Nickolas Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would definitely help if I could quickly pull up a kid's history to show them what they've been doing on particular days.

• Michael Shelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this! To have a report which compiles the sites used and the amount of time spent on them would be priceless. This would help with parent conferences and help students see what their choices are.

• Christopher Turtoro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this idea. Being able to see how much time a student spent on different website over the course of several days is definitely a desirable add for me. It's a really great way of assessing participation. Is it still "planned"?

• Andria Morningstar-Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could get to a session report from my classroom view in Goguardian instead of just in my email notifications. I want to be able to view these after the fact when I want them. In other words, I don't need a report sent to my email after every session, but every once in a while, I would like to pull up specific sessions to view the report summary (for example, when I have a substitute).

• Adam Causey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see one students history over multiple days on one screen without having to go search for the same student through multiple days.

• June Dhamers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I would like to be able to just see the search history for one student. That way if I have a question about one particular student, I don't have to stalk all the other kids!

• phil huff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this feature for an end of semester or final report. When searching for student all their sessions should show on one screen.

• Karla Yager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wonderful suggestion. I realized that I could not get a snapshot of a student's misuse of computer after the session was ended. This would be a great feature. I could check on students after a session is over if I was not able to monitor or get a snapshot of use during the session.

• Megan Bertaccini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In timeline view, I can see a student's history for that session. I would like to be able to click on the student and see it all in list-view, on one screen, instead of having to click on each individual page. It would look like:

Student:
        Google classroom - 3 minutes
        Youtube - 4 minutes
        Google docs - 5 minutes

Etc.

• Megan Bertaccini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a session, be able to click on a student and see a breakdown of that particular student's usage. Kind of like the reports, but specific for each student. Example: 3 minutes YouTube, 4 minutes google docs, 5 minutes history.com, etc.

• Crislyn Grubb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The admin can do this. My admin creates these reports periodically, but maybe that is just because we are in a small school. I do agree however, that it would be great if the teacher could do this.

• Kyleigh Lohmeyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like it to have a percentages like the class report but individualized for each student during the session.

• Steena Harriman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create a PDF style report where teachers can pull up data about what sites students have been on and how long they have been on certain sites during class time. I would like to be able to select a given date range on this. This would be VALUABLE information for IEP meetings and parent conferences.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base