How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

Individual Student Browsing Report - total and average time spent on visited sites

Student reports would provide our teachers with valuable information to better equip them with data about how their students use their class time while working on their devices. Teachers would use these reports as evidence to their arguments about their students' performance in IEP meetings, parent conferences, and while sharing concerns with the administration. Moreover, such statements would enable teachers to spot trends and create better intervention plans.

1,594 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kirk Wenck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hannah Hinojosa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to review these reports from the session history page. I would also like a pie chart view option instead of the timeline view on session history.

• Jeff Hines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is good for an individual student, but we need to monitor over 200 students. It would be good to be able to download the csv of an entire class of students' activity during a date range.

• Megan Lippens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second:
        Herman Hilkey commented · March 27, 2018 15:02
        "Also how many times has the student been blocked by teacher."

This is a most!!

• Megan Lippens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding the "New: Individual Student Browsing Reports" article. I initially asked about this feature and am excited for it's release, but am curious if features could be added. The feature I would find most helpful would be a wheel diagram that is currently displayed in the Browsing Activity of teacher summary emails, but for individual students through the student report tab.

• Christine Matthews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This feature would enhance the timeline feature. It make it that much easier to see what a student is truly spending their time on. Having the ability to click on a student name and see their history or timeline with how many minutes they have been on that site would be super helpful. Having a daily feature as well as weekly might be great too but I'll settle for daily since it would help immediately. I could use that data as a report and send it home to the parent. Please create this feature, the overall timeline feature is not super easy to use when going back and looking at the individual timelines.

• Leslee Gallant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1332 votes and almost 2.5 years later and this has STILL not been implemented. As a teacher, I sincerely need some way to show evidence of computer usage.

• Cynthia Attanasio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I am looking for. This would be great concrete evidence to prove where students spend their time during sessions. Further proof of students who do not stay on task.

• Christine Flanagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be awesome if we could integrate this with our LMS, Canvas and students would only be able to see their "Top Sites" Page; the pie chart. This could help with reflecting upon how they are using their school devices.

• Debra Tiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to share a report of a student's activity with parents to show just how much time this student is on sites and not attending to instruction.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base