I suggest you ...

Keep users on a specific website (during a test for example)

Possibility to view a screen full-screen to use it on the interactive whiteboard in the classroom.

902 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    launched  ·  Product TeamAdminProduct Team (Admin, GoGuardian) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you very much for the wonderful suggestions. We are happy to share we have officially launched our new “Scenes” feature that supports the ability to create a “test environment” in your classroom that keeps students on a specific site. This new feature also includes other useful tools such as having the ability to auto-open tabs, manage tab usage (set the max number of tabs a student can open), and provides even more ways to manage site accessibility in your classroom. Check it out and please let us know what you think! We love hearing from you.

- Nickelle GoGuardian Teacher Product Manager

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maria CampbellMaria Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't wait to test this out. Even though I have fourth graders, I'm always on the lookout to see if they open additional tabs during testing. This will help me monitor them more carefully, and ease the stress of always checking their screens. Thanks!

• Mary HadenfeldMary Hadenfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think locking down computers during testing is essential. Students can google answers, talk back and forth through gmail and also type question and answers in a google doc. It takes all my time on test days just to make sure nobody has any other tabs open. This would be so helpful and make students more productive during class time.

• Pamela BlakelyPamela Blakely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would help to guide the students if teachers were able to lock out all websites or open only certain ones for their students.

• Bryan VealBryan Veal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide a button or check box for teachers to easily disable / enable Youtube access by their created classrooms.

• Curtis IveyCurtis Ivey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be fantastic. I'd like to block certain sites like coolmathgames (I teach social studies) while the district keeps it open for teachers that utilize it. If I could pick and choose (much like how LANschool does it) it would increase productivity a ton.

• Charlie MillerCharlie Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Manage student websites so that students are unable to leave one or so that they cannot access other tabs or pages in their browser. This would be used during a testing situation.

• Ian McLarenIan McLaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the control of blocking websites on students' devices from time to time without making it a WHOLE district block.

• Anamaria ZiettlowAnamaria Ziettlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to make a list of websites and upload them into gogaurdian and those would be the only sites my students could visit. These list could be saved so that I could access them later and upload the same list again.

• Michael RockwellMichael Rockwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make it a possibility for a teacher to set specific websites that can be open. Allow a group of allowed websites for the students to access.

• Kevin ThibaultKevin Thibault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if teachers could block all sites except for the ones they want students to access during their session. For example, I would like to block everything but google docs.

• Gil AnspacherGil Anspacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Hapara Highlighhts, I can send students to a series of tabs and ONLY allow these tabs and then return them to their tabs when I release them. That would be great here!

• Brian JohnsonBrian Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example if my students are looking at a primary source and I want them to also have their notetaking Google doc open at the same time.

• In-Shore TechnologiesIn-Shore Technologies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could limit the websites to a list that the teacher chooses. This way students would be forced to stay on the educational websites approved a that time.

• Phil HasseljianPhil Hasseljian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google docs only option. Maybe by time schedule? i.e. From 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 pm (our required study time), a user can ONLY access google docs (docs, sheets, slides, etc.).

• Mr ShumMr Shum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A way to block certain websites for a class would be very useful. For example, I want to block YouTube in my lesson however another teacher will want access at the same time,

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base