How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

Create different groups to apply a different scene to each group.

I love the "scene setting" feature. But I would love it even more if I could set different scenes for different groups of students in the same class. This would be great for blended/differentiated learning when I have different groups of students working on differentiated activities on the computer.

411 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Katherine Roy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tamara Savage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could make it click-box item with an apply function like you do for locking screens or excluding students.

• Anne Cecil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a few students I want to keep a closer eye on- It would be nice to group their screens closer together

• Gina Vasseur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely useful, especially when differentiating within the same classroom. It could be something as simple as when the student has a site up that I have blocked, I would like to be able to click "allow" or something to that effect. All of my students are not always working on the same page, and may need access to different things I may have restricted for another assignment.

• Kristin Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest you enable the ability to create different scenes for different students (or student groups) instead of having scenes apply to "all or nothing"-- whole classroom/everyone, or no one at all. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see the ability to apply scenes to individual students in the class. Especially when you are needing only certain students to work on a test/assignment and you want to allow others to work on other homework.

• Caitlin Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to apply a scene to a class but then exempt selected students from the scene. For example, if students are taking a quiz and have notes on Google Docs, I want to set a scene so they can only see their Google Docs stuff and not research the answers to the quiz questions. However, I might have a few students who are not taking the quiz but are working on other assignments and need the freedom to visit other sites.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creating separate classes to restrict web access is pretty cumbersome. Would be nice to be able to just checkoff students in the class list and apply scene as necessary.

• Lisa Urban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this.. I have noticed many other people suggesting it.. I really hope it gets looked at..

• Ted Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find creating a separate scene and running it at the same time by opening another instance of GoGuardian (via a shortcut on my desktop) works really good. I have a select group of kids that may need to browse Google while their classmates are not allowed to, so I created a scene that gives that freedom. Then I moved those kids into the new scene and removed them from the other. The scenes are running concurrently. If a student in the less restrictive scene needs more restriction, I remove them from the less restricted scene and put them in the restricted scene.

• Ted Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find creating a separate scene and running it at the same time by opening another instance of GoGuardian (via a shortcut on my desktop) works really good. I have a select group of kids that may need to browse Google while their classmates are not allowed to, so I created a scene that gives that freedom. Then I moved those kids into the new scene and removed them from the other. The scenes are running concurrently. If a student in the less restrictive scene needs more restriction, I remove them from the less restricted scene and put them in the restricted scene.

• Bryan Veal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To accomplish this, I have been creating a "Class" for each Scene I want to apply, add the student to that new class(ie; "Limited Access" or "Time Out"), then schedule the new class that has the scene applied to match the main class session schedule. If there is a better way to do this, I am interested to learn of it. =+)

• Corey Romeyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's say I give a test and two students were absent and are taking it on another day. I would like to be able to lock them in a different scene than my other students and not simply exclude them from the testing scene that day because if I exclude them, I lose the ability to monitor what they do that period.

• Dr. Michelle Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also be much appreciated by study hall teachers where kids may need very different applications based upon courses being taken and maturity.

• Dr. Michelle Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many times, I wish I had the ability to use 2 or 3 different scenes within the same classroom and apply them to students' screens selectively. Sometimes, this is for the purpose of differentiated instruction. Sometimes, it's because I have 1 or 2 kids making up tests, another group working on a project, and others who are finished with all assigned work and asking to study for another teacher's test.

• Matt Koch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For students that want to work on assignments for other classes, it would be great if I could unblock sites they need (like youtube) for just one student or group of students while the rest of the class is unable to access the site.

• James Newman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really this would be even more useful than the lock function as it would continue to function even after they reset the chromebook.

• Bastek Kirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scenes are fantastic!!!! Now lets create a way to where a particular scene can be given to certain students. I may want one group only on one or two websites while other groups on another set.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base