How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

It would be great to give teachers the ability to blacklist specific URL's during a session for the students in that session.

If there's a site that is often a distractor in your class but there are reasons that it should not be added to the general blacklist for all devices, it would be really handy to have the ability to blacklist it's URL for the duration of your class session for the students in that class session.

172 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ryan Castor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max Gorham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless I'm missing something you can already do this using the scene feature. If you set up your scene in "allow mode" it will allow all websites except the ones you designate. That would allow you to blacklist those pesky sites you don't want them to visit while not inhibiting the rest of their work.

• Kathy Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lanschool is still much more agile and cheatproof than goguardian, even with scenes addition. Lanschool would quickly close tabs, limit searches, and was much more bullet proof when it came to keeping students on task. As soon as my students see that they are being monitored, they try to hide their screens.

• Hilary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would use this to stop students from using online translators in my Spanish classes. I cannot do work on computers because I cannot otherwise stop them so this would be great.

• Sarah Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I was able to do this when I used LanSchool and would love to have that ability in GoGuardian.

Feedback and Knowledge Base