I suggest you ...

Lock the students computers onto a certain website, for a certain period.

I would love it if I could lock the students computers onto a certain website, for a certain period.

I am working on doing stations in my classroom where they go to 3 different stations (independent study/homework time, watch a video lecture of me, and time to ask me questions on lecture/homework).

I want to make sure they only watch the video that I decide on and that they can't go to other websites, this way they can only watch the video(s) I have chosen for them and stay on task at this station.

Since I am answering questions at one of the stations I can't watch my GoGaurdian, but it would be nice to have it set up to lock it on that screen at the time set!

1,285 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rebekah Kuhfal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    launched  ·  AdminProduct Team (Admin, GoGuardian) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you very much for the wonderful suggestions. We are happy to share we have officially launched our new “Scenes” feature that supports the ability to lock students on a specific website during your class period. This new feature also includes other useful tools such as having the ability to auto-open tabs, manage tab usage (set the max number of tabs a student can open), and provides even more ways to manage site accessibility in your classroom. Check it out and please let us know what you think!

- Nickelle GoGuardian Teacher Product Manager

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason Blair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help me understand why some of my classroom students ARE restricted based on teacher settings but other students ARE NOT. Also, some students are restricted to my specified tabs, while others are not. Also, some students continue to display in my teacher view "no active tabs", while they clearly have active tabs - which ARE, or ARE NOT, restricted to teacher Go Guardian settings for that class period. Forgive me, but I can't seem to find a link that addresses these issues. Please direct me to a solution FAQ? Thank you !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you very much for the wonderful suggestions. We are happy to share we have officially launched our new “Scenes” feature that supports the ability to create a “test environment” in your classroom that keeps students on a specific site. This new feature also includes other useful tools such as having the ability to auto-open tabs, manage tab usage (set the max number of tabs a student can open), and provides even more ways to manage site accessibility in your classroom. Check it out and please let us know what you think! We love hearing from you.

- Nickelle GoGuardian Teacher Product Manager https://img.clippp.com/9f61b18587b95b59462f58018a4321e9_diy-aladdin-costume-polyvore-aladdin-costume-diy_600-600.jpeg

• Samantha Sontag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be a great help. Our textbook is online now. When we are supposed to be reading, I am noticing kids on other websites.

• Raymond Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google Translate is one of the problem sites here. Cannot block for the district as teachers use it extensively in language classes and with non-english speaking students. The issue stems when students are taking online tests and using Google translate to answer their language tests. Teacher would like to be able to block it during their active classroom and then either unblock it on their own or have it automatically unblock when they release the class.

• Kimberly Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes locking the screen is too restrictive and keeping up with all their tabs open is cumbersome, especially in the middle of class. We need a setting to block problematic, distracting sites for the duration of the class, not necessary forever as the admin can do.

• Nicholas Sotiros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This product is wonderful but I have two suggestions that would make it perfect.

1. When a student goes to a filtered site they are given a button to click to 'Request Access'. If they click on the button it sends a request to the teacher of their current session. And the teacher either can either Deny or Allow the request. But if they allow it, they choose either a temporary time interval like say, until end of session or 15 minutes, or they can choose to add the request to a filter like 'Free Time' or 'Study Time'.

2. Teachers can enable/disable filters on the fly for students in their sessions. For example if a student finishes their work they can watch youtube or play games for free time. They just drag a drop a student under a filter and for the rest of that session that student can access things that they normally wouldn't have access to.

• Steve Moroukian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please list time left in session in hours and minutes rather than just minutes...I'd prefer not to do the math :)

• Lateisha Wilkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teachers have the ability to set an open/closed use-ability timer for website use. Example: Students are able to access a specific website from 8 am to 3 pm.

Feedback and Knowledge Base