How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

Admins need access to teachers classrooms

The Audit log has a very serious design flaw for admins. I can't tell how many teachers have set up their classrooms, only who is starting sessions. That is why admins need to be able to see teachers classrooms. Let's face it there are still a lot of teachers afraid of technology and just say it is to hard. I need to know who they are and intervene instead of hearing from administrators that the teachers can't use the product

196 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin Christopher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patrick Dunham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have from an IT side. I currently have to remote into a teacher's computer and troubleshoot live as I cannot see any of the classes unless I'm added as a co-teacher by them. Even then it makes it impossible to troubleshoot scene issues since I cannot even see what's blocked in a scene even as a co-teacher.

• Mick Kerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this access too so we can help students who don't know why their pages are being blocked.
        We had an instance this morning where students were being blocked because teachers hadn't cleaned out their classrooms from the previous year.

• Geoff Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great, I would also like to add reporting to see how all the teachers are using GG. Seeing teacher usage, how their classrooms are set up and and actions that they take would be awesome! Admis need more abilities to make sure the software is being used, used properly, and to troubleshoot. Thanks!

• Kevin Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New one this year. Teachers adding the wrong students to their classes. Then disabling browsing for their class and turning off students in other classes. I have no way but to play whack mole by contacting all 50 teachers and asking them who has this student enrolled in the wrong class.

• LeAnn Wheeler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And even further, see into the classrooms; I have teachers ask me all the time to "look" at a student, but I have my own "class" set up and add that student to it before I can see what is going on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base