How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

add the ability for a teacher to see if a website is available under a specific policy

When teachers are preparing a lesson plan it would be very useful for them to be able to test and see if a url is available for their students.
We have teachers getting caught out in a lesson because they have chosen a website as a resource and it is actually blocked for their students.
If teachers could check ahead of time it would save embarrassment in the classroom and mean that appropriate resources are being given to students first go.

151 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mick Kerr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Katelyn Sheehan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also a science teacher, and an educational technologist. Oftentimes I have my student complete hyperdoc assignments (also known similarly as WebQuests), and sometimes they are not able to access websites. Like others on this thread, I don't find this out until it is too late.

More specifically, I often send them to .JPG or similar photo URLs to analyze for an assignment, and they are unable to view it, which means I have to re-configure my whole lesson/assignment, wasting my time and my students' time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a science teacher, I am often dismayed during the first period of the day when valid websites that we would like to share with 7th grade science scholars are blocked.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please vote yes on this, we need to be able to test sites before planning the day's lesson.

Feedback and Knowledge Base