How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

Disconnect Student from all other teacher sessions when new session started for student

If student goes from teacher to teacher. It would be nice to "disconnect" the student from all previous sessions when a new session starts that includes the same student. Currently multiple sessions started with same student assigned to different classrooms record the activity of the student(potentially, multiple teachers could have same student in active sessions at the same time).

I feel doing this would allow for teachers to have more control of their classroom sessions and provide ability to create more features for teachers to use in their classroom, during Their sessions(Like teachers being able to set their own web filter, Blacklist/Whitelist during their sessions).

163 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bryan Veal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Travis Warner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great even as an administrative feature! So many times I have had to call staff members to disconnect students before goguardian support is online..
    It would be great if it was a notification when that white screen comes up welcoming you to the session "Hey these students arent just yours:" Then giving them the option to give the other teachers the boot(notifying them who did and a comment field for those respectful teachers!)

• Jeremy Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like this too, but rather than having it be automatic, we would like to have the ability to manually disconnect them. This would prevent students who are taking a test with time and a half permissions from immediately being controlled by their next teacher, but still allow teachers to release students sitting in front of them but being accidentally controlled by someone else.

• Brian Dvorkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and have placed my vote. We have a modified block schedule that makes it difficult to pre-schedule sessions for teachers. I predict that we will have multiple occurrences of students being "stuck" in a session from a previous class. It would be awesome if, as a teacher, when I launch a session for e.g. my 2nd period class that all prior hanging sessions for those students are halted and my current session begins.

• Raymond Wilhite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree (and will place my vote). We would like this feature for students in "in-house" who might be working with a math teacher during the students regularly scheduled English class. If the English teacher forgets to exclude or has a default scene restricting the student/class to an English related site, the math teacher is unable to allow the student access to the math related sites/programs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base