How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

Parent portal: For parents to see what their child is doing on their Chromebook

Very similar to how a teacher sees the student activity, it would be nice if parents had this option to see what their child is doing on the Chromebooks.

533 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kip Robins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With all the requests for this, why have you been reviewing it for two years without an answer?

• Wayne Voogt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

Has there been any progress made on this feature?

It is really handy for parents.

Thank you

• Jason Sedlaczek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get requests every summer for the best way for parents to manage their children's chromebook usage while they are away from school and I hate pointing them to some other web filter or management tool (there aren't many option for chromebooks...) when we are already paying for GoGuardian on their child's device. Some type of parent portal would be very nice. Integration with Blackbaud's onCampus application would be even nicer since all the parent-to-student connections are already in place!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Parents definitely need to be automatically looped in to their students online use. This feature is definitely needed.

• Diane Whitehouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am just beginning to administer GoGuardian, If I individualize the OU each students are in and add parents as a users, giving them access to that OU only, then they could see whenever their child is online. Would there be a downside to that? Crazy idea?

• Ben Houseward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I wouldn't mind manually adding parent email addresses and pairing it with one or more student accounts, similar to the workflow for adding teachers to GoGuardian teacher but on a user basis instead of OUs. Parents are clamoring for this ability since most mainstream solutions (Circle with Disney, NetNanny) don't have Chromebook offerings.

Schools have a unique ability to force install extensions onto Chromebooks to the point where the student can't remove them, so this is a very natural landscape to develop this ability. I'm eager to see how and when GoGuardian will implement it.

• Ruth Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update to this feature? We receive parents requests on a regular basis.

• Gary Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an IT Admin, we get parents requesting reports from us ALL THE TIME. If they could see this themselves, we would start conversations between parents and students instead of them always starting at the school level. Transparency is key to fostering trust relationships between school districts and the school community. A GoGuardian Parent Portal would be one more way to make this happen. Please consider this. We be more than happy to BETA test for you @ Beekmantown CSD. :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base