I suggest you ...

Audible & visual alerts when students open non-approved websites.

Create an alert (audible & visual) when a student goes to a non-approved website. Just like my email makes a chiming noise when I get an email. It would be great if my computer would make a noise to let me know someone is on a website that isn't approved (the feature of creating "approved" websites would be a part of this). Then, if I'm walking around my room I can go to my desk and see who is doing what (the students profile flashing would be an easy way to indicate who the "offender" was) and redirect as necessary.

416 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Max GorhamMax Gorham shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Tyler ShaddixTyler Shaddix responded  · 

Awesome idea! We love the idea of increasing visibility of off-task behaviour!

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LARRY ALLENLARRY ALLEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps a visual alert too. Certain color blinking or otherwise light to visually alert would be helpful too.

• Richard RomanoRichard Romano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is an excellent idea - I was just going to propose the same thing myself. I think that the developers of this program have to realize Teachers spend most of their day patrolling the classroom, not sitting at a desk.

• Stephanie HealyStephanie Healy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know that I would want it audible, as my students would learn the cue and take it as an opportunity to call out their classmates (aka disrupt instruction), but a flashing or differently colored profile would be nice

Feedback and Knowledge Base