I suggest you ...

Just noticed that students can play games if they do not open it up as a tab. They double screen it and can play it and you can not see it.

Display all aps that are open as well as tabs.

987 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SARAH CARLTON shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed & closed  ·  AdminProduct Team (Admin, GoGuardian) responded  · 

We have heard your feedback! Keeping your students focused and on-task is essential.

The good news is that you can now view your students Chrome apps and extensions that are currently running along with their tabs.

To view the list of running Chrome apps:

1) Open an active classroom session
    2) Navigate to the Screens dashboard
    3) Click a student’s screen tile
    4) Click the Apps tab

To learn more, please visit our help center at https://help.goguardian.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000334703.

Thank you so much for making GoGuardian part of your classroom.

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey goguardian how bout this
        This whole app is dumb and while for educational purposes my administrator of school is taking it WAYYYYYY Too far blocking and constricting everything.
        How bout you update this dumb app so that we can play games or listen to music in addition to watching any video on youtube when we are NOT in school.

And average school ends around 2 PM. So how about you automatically unblock everything at 3 PM

They closed my app recently and i am really frustrated. So plz consider what i say

If ya don't... well all i know is that goguardian is the most ******** site and the person who made it is there to ruin people's fun in addition to having no life

• No commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why this is stupid now music is blocked how can I focus please fix it and why can't we play, listen to music at home when the teacher dismisses us from our class and we cant download certain items to help us on chrome web store.

• Lauren Savage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this feature? It's especially annoying when I have students taking tests/quizzes and they have an alternative browser open in the background that I can't see and they are using it to cheat. Luckily, we have Canvas, so I can check the quiz log to see if they left the window, but I would rather simply see/block any other apps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I have numerous students that have found a way around me (teacher) being able to see what they are doing. It's like they froze their screens on something appropriate and went on to something they shouldn't be doing.

• Grayson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not think it is acceptable that students who just sit around and do nothing get credit for their work when they have not even tried to do anything.\ while other students work as hard as they can in order to get a good grade on classwork. WE NEED TO FIX THIS!

• Evan Shadle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes my students use a program called istation and it is an app we had to download from the web store but I can not see the screen when they are using istation and the app does not show up as a tab either.

• noah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im a new teacher i am aware of this and i wanna gert an inside look at what my wonderful students can see and what i can see

• Ben Houseward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as Incognito mode goes, that's easily disabled as long as the devices are enrolled in the domain and you follow the best practices found here:

It's also a good idea to block Multiple Sign-in Access under user settings, even though it's redundant if you restrict sign in to your domain.

I wasn't able to replicate the scenario the OP mentioned. Hopefully that means it has been addressed, or it was a localized situation. It could also be that the Google Doc had flagged terms and as such was pushed to the dashboard immediately, whereas the other window wouldn't update until the next batch send (support.goguardian.com/hc/en-us/articles/205970836-How-live-is-user-data-)

@Christia_Gugel It's probably not a good idea to post the exact details here since students also hang out on these types of forums ;) But definitely let someone in support know the specifics.

• Grace Robinette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can also go incognito and it doesn't show up... But in the classroom its easy to tell that they are on the CB but nothing is appearing in GG, so I can still bust them but just can see where they were or what they were doing...

• Christia Gugel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, students can split their Chromebook screens and choose which screen they want to show up on Go Guardian! A student demonstrated this can be completed today. He was able to have his Google Doc open and YouTube, and only the Google Doc appeared to be the item he was using on the screen. He could even move his mouse around in the YouTube screen without showing signs of being in YouTube on the screen for Go Guardian.

• Kimberly Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

admin can block all apps and extensions except what is allowed.
        it would be helpful to be able to block certain websites for the duration of the class to keep them from toggling back and forth between the tabs

• Kevin Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any way to keep them from tearing off tabs? you should also be able to look at the timeline view to see it happening.

• Terry Gillem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What we noticed was that if a student has a split screen his screen will appear elongated on the screens view, also if the open up another browser screen the site they are on will still appear as a small icon under the screen view.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base