I suggest you ...

Just noticed that students can play games if they do not open it up as a tab. They double screen it and can play it and you can not see it.

Display all aps that are open as well as tabs.

684 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SARAH CARLTON shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Tyler Shaddix responded  · 

We’ve just released the ability to see running apps! When viewing a student, running apps will be displayed in the “open tabs” section.

We will continue to work on improving visibility of apps and extensions in GoGuardian Teacher. Currently, running apps will not show on a student’s screen (only in their tabs). Stay tuned!

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Teacher1978 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Goguardian is a good concept but leaves many students stressed. My students find it easier to focus when they are free to go to any website. I still monitor them, but since I took off Goguardian, their test scores have gone up 10%! I don't think this is a coincidence.

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

whoever may be reading this and decided to block discord, my classroom has discord to release assignments and to notify us when we do have assignments, but since they blocked it, i have no idea about what my assignments are since I am bed ridden at home.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I have numerous students that have found a way around me (teacher) being able to see what they are doing. It's like they froze their screens on something appropriate and went on to something they shouldn't be doing.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it blocks unnecessary websites. even the one that are useful

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Impero can can see all tabs open on a Chromebook and interact from the teacher consoles by blocking and closing the unwanted tabs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a student wants to play games let them forcing them to do work is just making them not want to do it even more. The students future is the students choice so if they feel that they want to play games let them.

• Grayson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not think it is acceptable that students who just sit around and do nothing get credit for their work when they have not even tried to do anything.\ while other students work as hard as they can in order to get a good grade on classwork. WE NEED TO FIX THIS!

• Evan Shadle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes my students use a program called istation and it is an app we had to download from the web store but I can not see the screen when they are using istation and the app does not show up as a tab either.

• noah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im a new teacher i am aware of this and i wanna gert an inside look at what my wonderful students can see and what i can see

• Kimberly Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

admin can block all apps and extensions except what is allowed.
        it would be helpful to be able to block certain websites for the duration of the class to keep them from toggling back and forth between the tabs

• Kevin Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any way to keep them from tearing off tabs? you should also be able to look at the timeline view to see it happening.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base