GoGuardian Teacher

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Lock the students computers onto a certain website, for a certain period.

I would love it if I could lock the students computers onto a certain website, for a certain period.

I am working on doing stations in my classroom where they go to 3 different stations (independent study/homework time, watch a video lecture of me, and time to ask me questions on lecture/homework).

I want to make sure they only watch the video that I decide on and that they can't go to other websites, this way they can only watch the video(s) I have chosen for them and stay on task at this station.

Since I am answering questions at…

1,206 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you very much for the wonderful suggestions. We are happy to share we have officially launched our new “Scenes” feature that supports the ability to lock students on a specific website during your class period. This new feature also includes other useful tools such as having the ability to auto-open tabs, manage tab usage (set the max number of tabs a student can open), and provides even more ways to manage site accessibility in your classroom. Check it out and please let us know what you think!

- Nickelle GoGuardian Teacher Product Manager

• Keep users on a specific website (during a test for example)

Possibility to view a screen full-screen to use it on the interactive whiteboard in the classroom.

905 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you very much for the wonderful suggestions. We are happy to share we have officially launched our new “Scenes” feature that supports the ability to create a “test environment” in your classroom that keeps students on a specific site. This new feature also includes other useful tools such as having the ability to auto-open tabs, manage tab usage (set the max number of tabs a student can open), and provides even more ways to manage site accessibility in your classroom. Check it out and please let us know what you think! We love hearing from you.

• Students cannot open additional tabs, so they have to stay on just the one tab

Making it so that students cannot open additional tabs, so they have to stay on just the one tab

663 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Great minds think alike! We are happy to share we have officially launched our new “Scenes” feature that allows you to manage a student’s tab usage and prevents them from opening additional tabs. This new feature also includes other useful tools such as having the ability to auto-open tabs, and provides even more ways to manage site accessibility in your classroom. Our goal is to help you worry less about keeping kids on task so you can focus on what you do best…teaching!

Check it out and please let us know what you think!

• Archive individual students

I have students leave the class/school and then return. If we're tracking history we should be able to archive/reactivate them.

14 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            launched  ·  mattmatt responded

Hi! We added student archiving – you can see it from the students list for each classroom!

Matt

• Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher

Feedback and Knowledge Base