GoGuardian Teacher

How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. allow teachers to mirror their screen onto their students screens

I want to be able to send my google slides, website, powerpoint, etc to the students' screens! Please add this!

985 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. Our engineers investigated the implementation of this feature, and unfortunately, due to higher aggregate costs than benefits to our customers, we will not pursue this opportunity shortly. We will revisit declined suggestions in future releases.

The GoGuardian Teacher Team

• Block students from the chat feature.

The chat feature is nice, but occasionally it is getting misused. I would like to see the teacher be able to disable chat and also be able to "mute" students who misuse chat.

243 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. Your feature requests help us stay in tune with what you want, need and expect so we could always deliver solutions to solve your classroom management problems.

Please note that the Chat feature is by default disabled and when enabled it only supports two-way communication between a teacher and student. Our Teacher product does not support a student to student communication.

To learn more about how to use the chat feature, please visit our help center at https://help.goguardian.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004057606-How-to-Use-Teacher-Chat

If you would like to learn how to enable chat, please visit https://help.goguardian.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005699083-Enable-Teacher-Chat

Thank you for making GoGuardian part of your classroom.

Warm Regards,
        GoGuardian Teacher Product Team

• REMOVE the notification when a teacher begins a session to monitor students.

By displaying the notification, the students are quickly logging off sites they should not be using. I often will see a student playing a game, log into GoGuardian and copy the site link to send to the network administrators so they can block the sites.

92 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          declined  ·  Tyler Shaddix responded

I completely understand the use case of this idea. Our goal at GoGuardian is to help teachers create a safe environment for students to learn, and it sounds like you’re dedicated to doing the same thing by talking with your admins to block off-task sites!

We’re approaching this issue head-on by allowing teachers to set an approved list of sites (or types of site) for their classroom. Not only this, but we are working on ways to improve visibility of off task behaviour.

With GoGuardian for Teachers, we are constantly building a transparent connection between teachers and their students. This was the main impetus behind the notifications feature, which actively let’s a student know what is happening on the device.

Please continue to let us know your thoughts and opinions on this and other ideas! We love hearing from our community and we are constantly iterating on ways to improve…

• allow teachers to see student history

I want to be able to view their Chromebook history from my computer. Is that possible?

89 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. We understand how this feature would be valuable to you and believe our teachers need to collect as much data as possible to better help their students.

On the other hand, we consider the privacy of all of our users including students as a fundamental requirement when developing products. Since this feature is against our privacy policy, we regretfully have to decline.

• 71 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We use the word “command” to indicate how we communicate with your students’ chromebooks. Without commands, we would not be able to change the state of the device.

I understand there can be issues with commands in some cases, and I can assure you that we are currently working on making commands more stable and more reliable.

• Google Docs (or other) tabs

When a student has a Google Docs (or other) tab open it would be helpful to view it without asking for permission. Somewhat defeats the purpose :)

34 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! Sadly, we can’t get around Google’s permission policy on documents. The most we can do is show the student’s screen (for now).

If the Google team allows this in the future, then we’ll be sure to re-approach this idea!

• Add an option where you can disable logging out of a chromebook

At my school we do not allow personal accounts on chromebooks only school accounts, however, students are getting around filters by logging into their personal accounts.

20 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • admins would like the option NOT to send a "welcome" message to students.

Admins like the option to monitor students without them knowing it.

14 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We completely understand the need to monitor some students more closely! Unfortunately, watching students without them knowing is not the intended use case of GoGuardian for Teachers.

With GoGuardian for Teachers, we are constantly building a transparent connection between teachers and their students. This was the main impetus behind the notifications feature, which actively let’s a student know what is happening on the device.

Please continue to let us know your thoughts and opinions on this and other ideas! We love hearing from our community and we are constantly iterating on ways to improve our products.

• Fix the Bugs

Have been sending connection issue reports for 2 weeks now and have yet to have anything be resolved.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Jason. I’m really sorry to hear you are still running into issues with your students connecting! We have been hard at work investigating and fixing the connection issues reported to us. Please be assured that we hear your concerns and we have a team working on these issues non-stop. Your connection reports have helped us make a lot of great changes, and we’re expecting to have these issues resolved very shortly!

I will be moving this to a support conversation so that we can make sure to take care of these issues.

• Change passwords on Chromebooks

Could the feature to change/reset students' passwords for their Google account on their devices be added?

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Possible Bug with Scenes

Using scenes I had the following website on my blocked list: http://eunblockedgames.weebly.com/bonkio.html as well as the main page (hoping to block access to the site completely but a student was still able to access the site. I know this is still an alpha phase but I just wanted to let you know so you could look into it if you have the time.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          declined  ·  matt responded

Hi Matt, super happy to take a look at this for you. Could you send a support ticket and copy me (matt@goguardian.com)? I have a few ideas of what could have happened but we should get all the detail to be sure.

• 0 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher

Feedback and Knowledge Base