GoGuardian Teacher

1. Individual Student Browsing Report - total and average time spent on visited sites

Student reports would provide our teachers with valuable information to better equip them with data about how their students use their class time while working on their devices. Teachers would use these reports as evidence to their arguments about their students' performance in IEP meetings, parent conferences, and while sharing concerns with the administration. Moreover, such statements would enable teachers to spot trends and create better intervention plans.

1,875 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello hello!

This is Kevin Behan, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. As of December 3rd, there are some significant updates to the student reports feature that should address most of this suggestion. Now, at the top of the report you’ll see pie charts for the student’s 5 most used websites, google docs, and google searches. This includes the total time spent on these websites as well. Furthermore, you’ll see snapshots you’ve taken of that student’s screen and the number of times you closed a tab, locked their device, opened a tab, or when the student visited a website that is blocked by your scene or school administration.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
    KB

2. Lock the students computers onto a certain website, for a certain period.

I would love it if I could lock the students computers onto a certain website, for a certain period.

I am working on doing stations in my classroom where they go to 3 different stations (independent study/homework time, watch a video lecture of me, and time to ask me questions on lecture/homework).

I want to make sure they only watch the video that I decide on and that they can't go to other websites, this way they can only watch the video(s) I have chosen for them and stay on task at this station.

Since I am answering questions at…

1,301 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audible & visual alerts when students open non-approved websites.

Create an alert (audible & visual) when a student goes to a non-approved website. Just like my email makes a chiming noise when I get an email. It would be great if my computer would make a noise to let me know someone is on a website that isn't approved (the feature of creating "approved" websites would be a part of this). Then, if I'm walking around my room I can go to my desk and see who is doing what (the students profile flashing would be an easy way to indicate who the "offender" was) and redirect as necessary.

1,046 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this amazing suggestion. We took this into careful consideration when updating our features to help you easily identify students that are off-task.

To access this feature, simply start a class session and perform the following steps:
    1. Towards the top right of your screen, turn on “Off-Task Alerts”.
    2. Students who are off-task will be highlighted yellow.

When a student goes to a website that you would like to be notified about, click the student screen and select the “Always” option from the dropdown. If you want to see exactly what this looks like, I’ve attached a screenshot to this email.

Please note the feature is currently only available for English, History/Social Science, Math, Science subjects. The goal is to make sure the alerts we provide are reliable and accurate for the subjects with the most classes first, and eventually cover more subjects.

For additional information…

4. 1,004 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 984 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    506 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have heard your feedback! Keeping your students focused and on-task is essential.

The good news is that you can now view your students Chrome apps and extensions that are currently running along with their tabs.

To view the list of running Chrome apps:

1) Open an active classroom session
    2) Navigate to the Screens dashboard
    3) Click a student’s screen tile
    4) Click the Apps tab

To learn more, please visit our help center at https://help.goguardian.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000334703.

Thank you so much for making GoGuardian part of your classroom.
  6. Keep users on a specific website (during a test for example)

Possibility to view a screen full-screen to use it on the interactive whiteboard in the classroom.

931 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Students cannot open additional tabs, so they have to stay on just the one tab

Making it so that students cannot open additional tabs, so they have to stay on just the one tab

688 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 628 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a sort feature based on "level of concern" so the few students who require more frequent monitoring are at the top and easily visible.

Every class has one or two (or a few) students who tend to need more close monitoring than their peers. However, it's difficult to pick them out of the tile or list views. Allowing us to give a quick rating of students (red, yellow, green?) and then sort by "level of concern" would make it far easier to keep an eye on students who need it the most. Thanks!

522 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this amazing suggestion. We took this into careful consideration when developing Off-Task Alerts, which will help you easily identify students that require close monitoring.

To access this feature, simply perform the following steps:
    1. Start a class session.
    2. Towards the top right of your screen, turn on “Off-Task Alerts”.

Students who are off-task will be highlighted yellow. You will also be able to see which student has been off-task and the corresponding duration at the bottom of the classroom session view.

Please note the feature is currently only available for English, History/Social Science, Math, and Science subjects. The goal is to make sure the alerts we provide are reliable and accurate for the subjects with the most classes first, and eventually cover more subjects.

For additional information regarding this feature, you can refer to: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AdzZ5IJzRw4djcEzyzU7o4xO82FtmNw2EXr2C-8awl4/edit?usp=sharing.

Let me know if there’s anything else we can…

10. allow teachers to open a chat dialogue directly with a student by clicking on the screen in screen view mode.

Currently the only way to open a chat is by clicking on the chat and then clicking on the students name. It would be so much easier to have a way to click on the students screen and chat with them. Maybe make a small chat bubble icon on each of the screens in screens mode, or have a small chat icon on the active tab when in timeline mode.

423 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this amazing suggestion! Especially now more than ever, we understand the importance of being able to quickly and easily chat with your students. With our new updates, you will be able to do just that!

Simply turn ON chat and then you will see a new chat button appear on each student’s tile (refer to the “chat button” screenshot for what this looks like).

Once you click the button, you will be able to easily chat with your students (refer to the “chat enlarged screen” screenshot). If you wish to see what your students are browsing, click the “Student Activity” tab located to the left of the chat tab.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Thank you again for this great suggestion!

11. The ability to delete scenes

I would really like the ability to delete scenes. I have several that I no longer need. When I try to select a new scene I have to go through several pages.

414 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. As of 4:30 PM (EST) today (August 27th) you are able to permanently delete scenes that you no longer need. Also, you will be warned before deleting a scene that is the “default scene” for one or more of your classes.

Thank you for your patience.

Keep the great suggestions rolling in!
    KB

12. automatically unlock students screens when a session is ended

in case a teacher forgets to unlock student laptops before the end of a session, those computers should be unlocked when a session ends without having to power off the computer.

339 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please have an archive for Chat.

I need to go back and look at some conversations between me and students. This feature is already available for Snapshots and Timelines.

317 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone!

Thank you for this great suggestion. With our recent chat update, you can now see chat logs from past sessions and view/send chat messages to students even if they’re offline.

To access past chat logs:
    1. Go to the classroom where the chat took place.
    2. Click on the specific past session when you messaged the student.
    3. On the bottom right corner, click the chat icon and click on the student’s name to access the chat archive.

For more information on step #3 above, refer to the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Stay safe,
    Elaine

14. Admins need access to teachers classrooms

The Audit log has a very serious design flaw for admins. I can't tell how many teachers have set up their classrooms, only who is starting sessions. That is why admins need to be able to see teachers classrooms. Let's face it there are still a lot of teachers afraid of technology and just say it is to hard. I need to know who they are and intervene instead of hearing from administrators that the teachers can't use the product

309 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. As of today at 3:30 PM (August 22nd), super users are able to perform backend administration in a much more hands-on way with the “log in as” feature. This allows you to “log in as” teachers in your org to assist them with their accounts, which includes being able access and troubleshoot teacher classrooms. Whenever you are assisting a teacher, said teacher will be notified via email that you are assisting them. Try heading to manage.goguardian.com to check it out!

Thank you for the suggestion!
    KB

15. Re-lock a screen that you have locked after a student logs out and back on.

When I lock a screen, the student can logout or restart the Chromebook and they will be unlocked once they log back on. It should keep sending out the lock message periodically to stop this. Furthermore, if the student selects "remove user" which removes their profile and then logs back in, it will not only unlock their screen, but it starts a new timeline in the session.

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. In addition to archiving GoGuardian classrooms, you are now able to delete them as well. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to delete classrooms you’ve imported from Clever, Classlink, or Google — you will need to delete those classrooms on each of their respective platforms.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Keep the suggestions coming!
    KB

17. 149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A sound that would notify the teacher when a student has sent me a chat

Im new to GoGuardian so maybe this already exists but I would love for there to be a sound (a ting or something) that would notify me when a student has sent a message. Often I may be working on something and I miss that a message is waiting for me. Thanks

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Given the current circumstances, we understand the utmost importance of improving our chat features so that you are notified once a student sends you a message. With our newest update, you will now hear a sound notification as soon as a student messages you.

To access the feature, simply:
    1. Turn on chat
    2. Click the dropdown menu and turn on “Audio Alerts”

I’ve attached a screenshot for more reference. We have more updates to our chat feature coming your way by end of this week or early next week. Please stay tuned and feel free to let us know if you have any other amazing suggestions!

Best,
    Elaine

19. Admin access to teacher classes

Admins should be able to view all the teachers classes in GG for teachers. Admins should also have the ability to bulk import classes and assign those classes to teachers. This would make initial setup of GG for Teachers very easy in the summer months.

Maybe even integrated with a student management system like Powerschool or MMS. That way classes could be built off of class lists?

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. There are a couple of suggestions in here so I want to make sure I get to each one

- Access to teacher classrooms – with the new “Log in as” feature in org management, super users are able to access and manage any teacher classroom
    - bulk importing classes – you can currently integrate with Classlink or Clever to bulk import classes for teachers (we’re working on integrating with other tools, but if there’s a specific tool you want us to integrate with that we don’t integrate with at the moment, please post a suggestion with the name of the service)

If there are things we haven’t addressed yet that I missed, please let me know.

Thank you for the suggestion!
    KB

20. Add a "Save to Google Drive" option for Snapshots

Users would be able to save Snapshots of student screens directly to their Google Drive

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher

Categories