GoGuardian Teacher

How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Block computers that are not part of a session

There should be a setting that blocks all devices that are not part of a teacher's session. This will keep students from working around GoGuardian by logging in with a peer's user when the teacher happens not to be watching the dashboard. Without this fix, it is much too easy for students to work around GoGuardian.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sending a message

Is there a chance you could make sending a message to a student more obvious so that they can see it pop up on their screen? If they are not paying attention they do not recognize the message in the corner! Just a thought!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Data Sorting

It would be great to be able to sort class data in the same way the daily summary form is created and shared, for multiple days. For example, when uploading the data for let's say 30 days, you can have the summary of each student number of visits for each site (that shows up on the right side with the number of times each site is visited next to each student). This would facilitate a cross-check for the students in other classes and would also be very useful for team meeting discussions and the administration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow an entire session to be locked

In addition to individual lock screen commands, there should be an option to lock a session when entire class is off task/needs to refocus

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Class Reports

It would be great for users to generate class reports that would allow the teacher to see the class data at a glance but also allow administrators to use the information for coaching teachers about online monitoring enhancement strategies and teacher accountability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I wish there was a way to always have the ability to direct message a student without making it so distracting with the little bubble.

I wish there was a way to always have the ability to direct message a student without making it so distracting with the little bubble.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow for global admin of all scenes/sessions so that if one is accidentally left open, I can close it myself.

As an Admin, I would like to be able to end a teacher scene without having to be invited to each individual scene/session as a teacher. We have teachers that will accidentally leave their sessions open rather than putting in a time to stop or an amount of minutes to end them, and when that happens, I need to be able to go in and close out that session without calling a teacher at home or interrupting another class in progress.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Class Name on the Window

I would like to be able to see the name of the class that I'm currently looking at screens for directly on that window. Switching back and forth between multiple classes at once is challenging and I end up clicking on the same class a few times in a row before I can find the different ones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great to be able to disable the sound on the students Chromebooks using Go Guardian.

in the Go Guardian "Screens" section, we should be able to turn off the sound on the students Chromebooks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. http://chng.it/Rgs9j8Pg

ONLY STUDENTS LOOK

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Monitoring students streaming music

One of the things I struggle with is monitoring students who want to listen to streaming music services and making sure that the music that is listened to at school is appropriate. Is there a good program/way to allow students to listen to streaming music (Pandora, Spotify, Youtube) while also monitoring for appropriate content?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pre-made scenes for Khan Academy

Currently students are blocked .... I think it is because there are many links and pop-ups involved with a site like Khan Academy.

Just putting in https://www.khanacademy.org does not work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customize dash board

Allow me to move kids temporarily on dashboard. Sometimes I have a small group doing something, so if I could put all their screens at the top of my dashboard temporarily just to watch them, it would be super helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. lock browsing option

To prevent students from looking up answers during online quizzes, I would love the ability to force them into ONE tab open at a time and not allow them to browse or open any other tabs when this feature is enabled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Opening a Tab should override the applied scene

Since we can open a tab for individual students, it would be excellent if that provided a scene override for that particular student. For example, all students testing are in a scene that restricts their access to sites that would allow cheating. Student finishes test early and now needs access to blocked sites. Opening needed tabs for that student allows everyone to have the needed restrictions while allowing the student to do other work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to send students positive stickers

It would be beneficial to be able to send students positive stickers through Go Guardian. Good form of positive reinforcement.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Screen Selection Refining

When selecting student screens (with the individualized checkbox), I'd like to see at the top how many screens I have selected at any given time. I've had times where I selected a student, opened a tab on their screen, and forgot to go and individually uncheck them, so that when I interact with another student, I accidentally lock/unlock or open a tab on more devices than I intended. That, or make the system automatically de-select a screen once an action has been commanded and executed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. chat & ? icon

The chat screen is blocked by the help icon at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. If either the help icon or the chat screen could be moved, then I could see what I am typing to avoid typos.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. chat

Chat for students should be an overlay, superimposed on their screenwork. This would greatly benefit students remotely being helped without disrupting class.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)