GoGuardian Teacher

1. .

There are times I need to access commands that I sent to students' locked computers. I need to have the capability to do so when needed so I can have a record of my correspondence with the students.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google GoGuardian
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Kristina!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. If you ever need to see a history of commands you performed during class, including the lock command, you can do the following:

1) Click a classroom (you should see all of your classrooms when you first go to teacher.goguardian.com)
    2) Click the session where you performed the command
    3) Click the “Command Log” tab

Take a peek at the screenshots that I’ve attached for a little more context. If I’m misunderstanding your suggestion please let me know.

Best,
    KB

2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Emily,

Thank you for the feedback! To update your Off-Task alert settings, click the highlighted student screen and select the “Never” option from the dropdown. By doing so, you will no longer be notified if a student visits that specific website. If you want to see exactly what this looks like, I’ve attached a screenshot to this email.

Let me know if there’s anything else we can do for you!

Kind Regards,
    Elaine

3. have different colors on the live sessions bar to show if students in the class are online

It would be nice if the green dots on the live sessions listing would change color to indicate if students are online for that session. Maybe red to indicate users online?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mary,

In a live classroom session view, students that are online are indicated by a green dot whereas students that are offline are indicated by a grey dot. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Kind Regards,
    Elaine

4. Organize student list in Chat

The list that appears when you click enable chat used to be at least somewhat organized now it just pops up with a student list at random showing students online. There should be an option to organize the students in that list by first name, last name or at least online. Before today's update (July 23rd, 2019) the list would at least populate with the students online at the top but it doesn't even do that anymore. Please fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Screen Selection Refining

When selecting student screens (with the individualized checkbox), I'd like to see at the top how many screens I have selected at any given time. I've had times where I selected a student, opened a tab on their screen, and forgot to go and individually uncheck them, so that when I interact with another student, I accidentally lock/unlock or open a tab on more devices than I intended. That, or make the system automatically de-select a screen once an action has been commanded and executed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ashtony,

Thank you for the suggestion! We have updated the commands feature such that the system will now automatically uncheck a student once the action has been performed.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you,
    Elaine

6. Shared Exception Lists

Can GoGuardian develop something for admins or teachers be able to share exceptions list? It is has become tougher for my teachers to make lists when using the Block mode to ensure all our applications are allowed through. It would be efficient and beneficial for all schools dealing with this. Thanks!

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. Super users have the ability to create exception lists that go out to all teachers in that organization. This feature is located in manage.goguardian.com (I’ve also attached a screenshot).

Please continue to post amazing suggestions like this one.

Thank you!
    KB

7. Allow an entire session to be locked

In addition to individual lock screen commands, there should be an option to lock a session when entire class is off task/needs to refocus

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Class Name on the Window

I would like to be able to see the name of the class that I'm currently looking at screens for directly on that window. Switching back and forth between multiple classes at once is challenging and I end up clicking on the same class a few times in a row before I can find the different ones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Katharine,

I’m Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. I totally get what you mean, we’ve made some updates to the way Teacher looks and now the class name is in big text at the top of the window (see the screenshot I’ve attached).

If this isn’t what you were talking about, please let me know (kbehan@goguardian.com).

Thank you for the suggestion!
    KB

9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed & closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Student Enrollment

Be able to set up a class as a teacher with the students in your network without needing the students to enter an enrollment code or accepting an invitation via email.

For instance, As the teacher I can enter each students email and enroll them to my roster without the student taking any action. I then can add/remove a student as needed without taking classroom instruction time away.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello ,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. There are two ways you can add students to your class without having them approve or manually enroll (as long as they have an email for your school/district). You can add them by email or upload a CSV, which is outlined here: https://help.goguardian.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005704646-Enroll-Students.

Please let me know if this addressed your concern.

KB

11. Ability to Set Default Sort Preference for All Classrooms Screen

Allow teachers to set sort preferences as default view on classroom screens instead of having to sort it each time I open it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. You should be able to choose a “Sort by” setting that sticks. Could you try changing the “Sort by”, closing GoGuardian Teacher, and then re-opening it?

If it doesn’t work, please let me know and we’ll be sure to fix it.

Thank you for the feedback,
    KB

12. Quicklists

It would be really helpful to have a list of all the QuickLists that are available. When you're creating a scene, I don't think all the QuickLists created by GoGuardian are listed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Michelle,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. All of the quick lists that GoGuardian compiles are displayed under the “GoGuardian Quick Lists” section when creating/editing a scene. Maybe there are some quick lists missing that you’d like us to add?

I’m happy to look into this further if you want to schedule 10 to 15 minutes to chat sometime! My email is kbehan@goguardian.com

KB

13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ease of Use function for toggling between thumbnail of student screens (mirroring) and individual screens.

I use a Chromebook with a poor trackpad. It would be very convenient if, after opening an individual student's screen mirroring, I could close the screen and return to the thumbnail icons simply by tapping outside of the pop-up window (instead of having to click the "x"). Thank you for considering!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. We’re actually making this change tonight, great suggestion. You’ll be able to close out of any pop-up now by clicking outside of the pop-up window.

Thank you for the great idea!
    KB

15. Relying on students to self enroll is a big flaw in this system.

There needs to be a way to enroll students, for those of us that do not use google classroom, without relying on them to join themselves. I can't tell you the hours I've wasted following up on kids who have yet to enroll...sending threating emails, calling home, etc. Please come up with a way to make this easier on us!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Jennifer,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. I’m sorry about the hours you’ve wasted, but I really appreciate your patience and thank you for sticking with us.

There are a couple of ways you can add students instead of having them enroll themselves. Please feel free to email me, kbehan@goguardian.com, and I can walk you through it.

KB

16. Being able to scroll down in a student chat session.

Once the chat window fills up I can't scroll down to see new messages or write new messages. The only scroll is for the page with student screens

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience, this is now fixed. Let me know if there’s anything else we can do for you and please continue to post your suggestions here.

Thank you,
    KB

17. Multiple messages

Is there a way to message an entire class. I am unable to be in my classroom today so I am messaging individuals who are not where they are supposed to be!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Names Darker Font

darker font for student names so you can see them easier

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. We’re actually making this change tonight, great suggestion. The text for student names will be darker, same goes for other text in the product that used that same color.

Thank you for the great idea!
    KB

19. Class with one student

I work with special needs students. I often provide services to one student at a time. I would like to create a class with just one student (not 2).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher, I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. That makes perfect sense that you’d want to have a class with one student, you should be able to create a class with just one student — I’ve attached a screenshot I’ve a class I have running with just one student.

Let me know if you experience otherwise.

Kind regards,
    KB

20. Custom End Time Adjustment

When putting in our custom end times, could you make the hour and minute boxes "typeable" meaning we can type in the numbers instead of scrolling through

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This is Kevin, the Product Manager for GoGuardian Teacher. The custom times are displayed as a dropdown, but you are able to type in a custom end time as well.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Keep the great suggestions rolling!
    KB

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base