GoGuardian Teacher

How can we improve GoGuardian Teacher?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Update Scenes to include the ability to block Chrome apps and extensions.

With the ability to set a scene for teachers, it would greatly improve assessment data if Scenes would also block Google apps and extensions.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. chat options

I would love to be able to chat with particular students in GoGuardian instead of opening up the chat for all my students. As soon as I enable the chat feature, students want to chat and say hi and it's distracting for both me and them.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kids are using "crosh" or hitting control, alt, T to create a shell so that they can hide what they have on the screen

Make is so that kids can not block from viewing what they are on by doing by clicking control, alt, T

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scene specifications to certain students

Allow teachers to apply certain scenes to specific students or groups without applying that scene to the whole class.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More advanced scheduling options

There should be more scheduling options beyond recurring weekly schedules. For example, if I get my school calendar for the whole year in August, I would like to go ahead and schedule all my normal recurring classes AND be able to set up a future date schedule. So if May 8 is a minimum day, I can go ahead and schedule my sessions for the May 8 modified schedule months in advance, rather than having to wait until the day before to change my schedule session times.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Develop an iPad app

GoGuardian has worked really well for my classes. Now, however, my school is one of an increasing number that has a grant for a 1:1 iPad program. Now I am stuck trying to use Apple Classroom to monitor student activity, and it is probably the worst app I've ever tried. Our tech folks have met with Apple to try to improve it, but there is widespread concern that it will continue to be absolutely awful/useless. Please develop a GoGuardian app!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be helpful if the chat feature had an option where you only open the chat to a single student, rather than the whole class.

Maybe put the little chat bubble icon on each student's tile (near the screen lock perhaps), where teachers can send a quick message to that student. Currently, when chat is enabled, it is enabled for the whole class. As soon as students see that bubble pop up, they all want to message me. Sometimes that is ideal, other times it is not.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Scene Deletion

Allow teachers to delete scenes!! Some scenes I have made for tutorial purposes, and some are just unnecessary. I realize we can edit a scene, but we should be able to delete or archive them as well!

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Student Report - Needs Pie Chart or Duration

Student reports provide teachers with valuable information about how students use their class time while working on their devices, but it is missing a key component of this discussion, time! As a teacher, student reports only show me what websites they visited throughout the session. Unfortunately, this does not tell me how long they spent on each active tab, such as time spent on youtube verses a google doc, just that they visited both. This information is important data for evidence on students' performance in IEP meetings, parent conferences, while sharing concerns with the administration, and to aid in creating…

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chat History

It would be so helpful to be able to review a conversation held with a student during a session through the chat feature. Maybe a "Chat Log" for each session and/or a "Chat History" for each student. I was so busy chatting with multiple students, sometimes I would like to make sure I didn't miss a message or to revisit a specific message from a student. Unfortunately, once the session ends, all of the chat history disappears immediately. Not cool GoGuardian!!!!

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to see what they are trying to access when they are blocked by

I would like to see what they are being blocked from when they get the UhOh message...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give students the ability to ask permission for a website

Give students the ability to ask permission for a website access while browsing.

For example, browsing History.com, a student clicked a link to a credible source map. History.com was unblocked, but the map was blocked due to Block Mode. Could that student ask permission and I could easily unlock it for them or the class from my computer?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop GoGuardian

We need to stop GoGuardian. STOP THIS MADNESS KNOWN AS GOGUARDIAN! GoGuardian is terrible and this application needs to not exist anymore.
    GoGuardian is the online version of hitler.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Chat

I would like to be able to message 1 student without having to Enable Chat for all students.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shared Scenes Between Co-teachers

I work in our district's alternative education program and we have four teachers that utilize the same classroom in GoGuardian. I created scenes for our classroom but my fellow teachers do not have access to modify the scenes I created. Given the ever evolving group of students within our classroom, providing access to scenes created by one of the co-teachers to all of the teachers would greatly help our utilization of GoGuardian within our classroom.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shared Exception Lists

Can GoGuardian develop something for admins or teachers be able to share exceptions list? It is has become tougher for my teachers to make lists when using the Block mode to ensure all our applications are allowed through. It would be efficient and beneficial for all schools dealing with this. Thanks!

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Slide absent students to the bottom

If the absent students within the classroom were listed at the bottom or (inactive students) viewing the active students easier vs. page up and down.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. rename gogaurdian

rename gogaurdian to gofuckyourself it is way funnier

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Block computers that are not part of a session

There should be a setting that blocks all devices that are not part of a teacher's session. This will keep students from working around GoGuardian by logging in with a peer's user when the teacher happens not to be watching the dashboard. Without this fix, it is much too easy for students to work around GoGuardian.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

GoGuardian Teacher

Feedback and Knowledge Base